Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:44 PM

Do you keep a daily diary?

I kept one when I was a girl but only have one now as an aide-memoire. I was wondering whether anyone does actually complete a daily diary nowadays ...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:56 PM

Re: Do you keep a daily diary?

Margaret, l have kept a daily diary for over 50 years. It is now a habit. I have shoe boxes full of them.
When they were younger, my children used to take one of them to bed to read. They loved to read about what they used to get up to and read what l said about them, on the day they were born! Poems, they wrote, funny things they said.
There are other loads of useless information about how many rolls of wall paper was needed for each room.
What l needed to buy at Christmas for the meals, treats etc. For my children’s parties. When l bought something, for guarantee purposes.
All very boring to anyone else!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:58 PM

I keep my calendar up to date which I can see on both my mobile and tablet, but that is mostly for appointments and reminders.

I do wish I could do a daily diary however my life is so boring I don't know how I would fill it.
I have got a journal app on mobile and tablet which I have used to put thoughts down in but I don't do it regularly.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:07 PM

No, not something I've ever done.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Margaret, l have kept a daily diary for over 50 years. It is now a habit. I have shoe boxes full of them.
When they were younger, my children used to take one of them to bed to read. They loved to read about what they used to get up to and read what l said about them, on the day they were born! Poems, they wrote, funny things they said.
There are other loads of useless information about how many rolls of wall paper was needed for each room.
What l needed to buy at Christmas for the meals, treats etc. For my children’s parties. When l bought something, for guarantee purposes.
All very boring to anyone else!
I think that must be lovely to be able to look back on past events and relive them using the words you wrote back then. I often wish that I had kept mine going too.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

20-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I keep my calendar up to date which I can see on both my mobile and tablet, but that is mostly for appointments and reminders.

I do wish I could do a daily diary however my life is so boring I don't know how I would fill it.
I have got a journal app on mobile and tablet which I have used to put thoughts down in but I don't do it regularly.
I think most of us think our lives are too boring to write about - yet some folks do seem to be able to write something interesting even then, though not me I'm afraid.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Still got my much used Filofax. It's a whole lot thinner than it was while I was gainfully employed but it's hard to give up.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Yes but there's diaries and diaries.

Sept 2nd 1666. Diary of Samuel Pepys

(Lord’s day). Some of our mayds sitting up late last night to get things ready against our feast to-day, Jane called us up about three in the morning, to tell us of a great fire they saw in the City. So I rose and slipped on my nightgowne, and went to her window, and thought it to be on the backside of Marke-lane at the farthest; but, being unused to such fires as followed, I thought it far enough off; and so went to bed again and to sleep. About seven rose again to dress myself, and there looked out at the window, and saw the fire not so much as it was and further off. So to my closett to set things to rights after yesterday’s cleaning. By and by Jane comes and tells me that she hears that above 300 houses have been burned down to-night by the fire we saw, and that it is now burning down all Fish-street, by London Bridge.

April 20th 2019 Diary of Mondays Child

Had fish fingers for tea.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Yes but there's diaries and diaries.

Sept 2nd 1666. Diary of Samuel Pepys

(Lord’s day). Some of our mayds sitting up late last night to get things ready against our feast to-day, Jane called us up about three in the morning, to tell us of a great fire they saw in the City. So I rose and slipped on my nightgowne, and went to her window, and thought it to be on the backside of Marke-lane at the farthest; but, being unused to such fires as followed, I thought it far enough off; and so went to bed again and to sleep. About seven rose again to dress myself, and there looked out at the window, and saw the fire not so much as it was and further off. So to my closett to set things to rights after yesterday’s cleaning. By and by Jane comes and tells me that she hears that above 300 houses have been burned down to-night by the fire we saw, and that it is now burning down all Fish-street, by London Bridge.

April 20th 2019 Diary of Mondays Child

Had fish fingers for tea.
MC, My ex husband used to call me Samuel Pepys!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:45 PM

No sorry I don't.
My paintings are my memories.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top