Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Weather borders

When you look at the weather map (perhaps with good old sexy Tomasz Schafernaker ) and they show us who has rain, who has sunshine, who has snow, who stays dry - do you ever wonder if you could go to the border line to see it?

You know, you're in the sunshine but if you step a pace you're in the rain. Same with temperature differences - over the border line it's 23 degrees but where you're stood it's only 10

Have you ever stood on one side of the pavement and it's dry but on the other side it's raining and folk have the umbrellas up?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:15 PM

Re: Weather borders

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Have you ever stood on one side of the pavement and it's dry but on the other side:
I have seen a wet line on the road showing the extent of a shower of rain
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:19 PM

Oh definitely Pesta !
I've walked mountains and hills in Wales in squally weather, only to return to a car park of dry sunshine!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:32 PM

The most extreme weather I've experienced are tropical storms in Central America. It can be brilliant sunshine and 36° then all of a sudden it pours down.
An example would be walking out the door into the rain and stepping back inside again totally drenched. A storm drain would fill a foot deep with rain water in the space of a few minutes. Then the sun would come back out an hour later the drain would be completely dry and the grass parched once more. It's so strange.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have seen a wet line on the road showing the extent of a shower of rain
Hi

Same here Meg, it is very strange.

I can often see it raining over the hills when it is dry here.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Quite often I look out the back window and it's raining, but dry out the front.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Quite often I look out the back window and it's raining, but dry out the front.
I know what you mean Longdogs, that's one of the drawbacks of living in a massive house....

My house is so big the back bedrooms are on a different time zone to the front ones....A walk from front to back requires putting the clocks back one hour....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:38 AM

We live in central southern England and the national weather forecast lines nearly always right through the middle of our house. I never know how it's going to be from that, so always take a look at local forecasts on the Internet.

I like the site linked to below. It gives so much information about the weather. Note the menu on the left-hand side. Click the buttons one by one and also click various places along the time line at the bottom. It's kind of interesting:

https://www.ventusky.com/
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh definitely Pesta !
I've walked mountains and hills in Wales in squally weather, only to return to a car park of dry sunshine!
Me too, you can climb over a dry stone wall and suddenly be in sunshine, it can look quite odd when you are dripping with rain
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I know what you mean Longdogs, that's one of the drawbacks of living in a massive house....

My house is so big the back bedrooms are on a different time zone to the front ones....A walk from front to back requires putting the clocks back one hour....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top