Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:22 AM

Re: Why did you join a forum?

I was also on Friends reunited until it got taken over and destroyed. Then I (and a few others here) was on a DIY site for a few years which was great to start with but was eventually taken over by a snowflake, so most left or got banned; but I missed the conversation and the banter and was recommended to this site by our own JBR. I did like the fact there were women on this site too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was also on Friends reunited until it got taken over and destroyed. Then I (and a few others here) was on a DIY site for a few years which was great to start with but was eventually taken over by a snowflake, so most left or got banned; but I missed the conversation and the banter and was recommended to this site by our own JBR. I did like the fact there were women on this site too.

What? Even though we do our best to make your life a misery most of the time?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What? Even though we do our best to make your life a misery most of the time?
Yes but it's only most of the time, there are the odd moments that are enjoyable.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:32 AM

I first joined a forum about 20 odd years ago to make a comment in the computer department. I was new to computers back then and very keen on the workings of them and the Internet. I eventually became a Moderator in that section and then then also in the photographic section. There was also a Canadian forum I contributed to quite a bit.

In those days, I'd discuss the hind leg of a donkey if it was anything to do with computers and was a Moderator on a couple of other forums.

I got tired eventually and turned down the modships. I'm really not the 'forummer' I used to be. I think a person can get a little forum-worn after 20 years and I'm just happy to read a few forums now and occasionally contribute.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:56 AM

I lived in Portugal 2001-2006 and during that time I was mod on an expat forum set up by a friend in Coimbra. They were good times, and I was one of the few Lisbon based members, providing info on news and events in the capital.

On returning to London, I rekindled my old Photography interest, getting my first digital camera. And for 3 or 4 years before joining OFF spent 90% of my internet time on photo forums.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
TAT, I have noticed, you seem pretty resistant and bulletproof!
You should change your profile name to, Teflon Artful Todger!
LOL!

No, really, I did!

I must admit that where I don't have hard skin I have scar tissue.

One of my MANY failings is that try as I do, and I really do, occasionally (?) I forget the fact that a lot of folk here don't.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:06 AM

You could say I was dragged here kicking n screaming, I was on Multiply for years and made a lot of good Cyber Friends and I was devastated when it closed down as I didn't want to join FB. A couple of my friends were already here and one of them kept on and on and on at me to join, I didn't want too at all, as I'd heard all sorts of horror stories about forums. But she sent me the link and said this was the only Site she now used and if I didn't join then it would be the parting of the ways. Soooo I joined and here I still am, but my friend she left a few years ago....HAH.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:26 AM

I enjoy discussions and chat and I've learned a lot from some members . I also laugh a lot at some comments .

It's nice to pop in and out and see what's happening
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:28 AM

I started using forums when I survived cancer & having given up my business, thinking that I was going to die, I found I had some spare time.
Two sick cats made me need to be home most of the time ( one with diabetes & one with asthma) so the forums gave me somebody to chat to when friends & family were doing other things!
I was introduced to this site by Doc Holiday, a member of a previous forum, and found that once people got to know you it was easy to find people you got on well with. I am still here because, although there are times when I have lost interest, there are some of the long term members who still make me smile!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:39 AM

I'm on a few forums.
Shooting
Bikes
Knives
Ham Radio
Fountain pens

Good places to get info and chat about specific interests.
I was on the same DIY forum as Longdogs and JBR as well. It became too PC in the end and I got fed up.
JBR also pointed me to this one.......

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top