Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 08:25 AM

Re: Good morning Monday

Good morning all another beautiful sunny day, make the most of it before the rain returns.

I removed all the wallflowers and pansies from the garden yesterday and dug it over so it’s ready now for the summer plants to go in later this month.

Moyra I hope your leg is feeling better now and you are able to get around better.

Enjoy your day everyone 🌞
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 08:51 AM

Good morning everyone a beautiful day again.
I would like to work in the garden but my neighbour has visitors so I am reluctant to go out there and have to make polite conversation .

I am going to clean the kitchen cupboards instead. Another nice day is forecast for tomorrow and hopefully, the annoying visitors will have gone then and I can get out in the garden.

I will plant one lot of beans today and start them off in the spare bedroom.

Enjoy your day
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Baz those Mujac Deers make a lot of noise, we have a Forest of them right opposite my House, and I did hear a couple of them early this morning, sometime they get in our garden but you have to be careful they eat your Roses and leave the stems behind.
Yes, tell me about it! This one was in the field just the other side of the lane outside. They seem to leave my roses alone, I only have three in the front garden. Two houses down, dozens of new rose shoots are often left as just stems, as you comment.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Baz, Crikey, that's a bit early to be woken up,..I thought the dawn chorus was the earliest,
Again, don't I know it! Just about three hours' sleep and then there's that noise to wake me! One of the joys of living 'out in the rural sticks' in the UK I guess.

For anyone who has never heard the noisy, barking call of muntjac deer:

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Hi

No Muntjac where I live, but lots when I lived in East Anglia.

They are not protected and can be shot with a .22 at any time.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No Muntjac where I live, but lots when I lived in East Anglia.

They are not protected and can be shot with a .22 at any time.
Coincidentally that is 'loosely' where I am so can confirm the problem exists on the edge of where you used to live!

Possibly, a little difficult though at 02.30am when it's pitch black and muntjac do not show themselves much in daylight.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 01:03 PM

A quick Good Afternoon from me.
Have a lovely day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:06 PM

They are quite small really, about the size of a Mongrel Dog.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Good morning all.

Baz those Mujac Deers make a lot of noise, we have a Forest of them right opposite my House, and I did hear a couple of them early this morning, sometime they get in our garden but you have to be careful they eat your Roses and leave the stems behind.

Off to do my weekly shopping this morning, then into Town to do some more.

Happy Easter Monday all.
They are very good at doing this, with floral tributes, down at the cemetery.I hear that spraying the buds with scent puts them off! (Especially very expensive scent!)

Are they coming over here from your area?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 05:10 PM

Outside our House early one morning.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top