Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:10 AM

Happy St George's Day

- how are you all celebrating it?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:42 AM

Re: Happy St George's Day

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
- how are you all celebrating it?
I'm not, it's just another day. Then again, we should do something in this country while all the plastic Irish idiots are running around in their stupid tall green and black hats drinking Guinness. Hypocrites all!

I'll be having a few beers tomorrow instead.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm not, it's just another day. Then again, we should do something in this country while all the plastic Irish idiots are running around in their stupid tall green and black hats drinking Guinness. Hypocrites all!

No need to be so aggressive about it, Floydy. Lots of OFF members wished me well on St Patrick's day - I was trying to return the favour. Sorry for bothering you.

Maybe it is time I left.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No need to be so aggressive about it, Floydy. Lots of OFF members wished me well on St Patrick's day - I was trying to return the favour.

Maybe it is time I left.
Of God, I knew somebody would think I'm dissing the Irish which I am NOT!

I'm talking about some loutish English people who for one day on St. Patrick's Day for some reason want to act like they are Irish.
Surely, that's obvious!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Happy St George’s Day!

My old school was named after St George

We will be relaxing with a day out to the seaside - who knows, I may even paddle my feet in the sea!

Thank you Tabs for remembering 👍
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Hi

Thank you ST for remembering.

I will not be celebrating it, simply because it has, sadly, been taken over by racist thugs.

I want no part of that at all.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Thank you St & the same to you . I won"t be doing anything special , but I think it nice to remember as other parts of the country do.
smile
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thank you ST for remembering.

I will not be celebrating it, simply because it has, sadly, been taken over by racist thugs.

I want no part of that at all.
Then they have won.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:06 AM

I will not be celebrating as such because there's nothing to celebrate anymore. You can be proud to be Irish, Scottish or Welsh but anyone proud to be English is considered to be a racist.

No mention of it on TV or radio so far.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:32 AM

I didn't even know it was St George's Day, there's so little interest in it in England. Not a mention in the media at all so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top