Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: With These Bank Holidays, Do You Find Yourself Saying, ‘What Day Is It?’

Oh bum! It's Tuesday, I have dentist tomorrow
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
I took the car out Easter Sunday and I wondered what year it was as the roads were empty as they were in 1960 and I loved every minute of it.
I noticed that too Davey, the Tesco was deserted on Saturday when it's usually bustling. We visited a Garden Centre for lunch later that day and it was empty compared to normal. Lunch was served in just ten minutes compared to the usual thirty minute wait.

Sunday was just the same, Mrs Fox and me were trying to work out where everyone had gone.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:41 PM

That's why I run Arty.....
If I've been out for a run it must be Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Sunday....And if I haven't it must be Monday, Wednesday or Saturday......

We always go to the Tesco on Wednesday and Saturday, so if I haven't run but been to the Tesco ......Oh never mind.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:48 PM

As I was working Monday, no, I know what day it is ...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Very little changes as being retired now for three years every day is a holiday. After 55 years' working there is no need either to know what the date is or even the time, both are often not bothered with either. Usually though I do know what month we are in!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Very little changes as being retired now for three years every day is a holiday. After 55 years' working there is no need either to know what the date or even the time is so both are often not bothered with either. Usually though I do know what month we are in!
Same here Baz......everyday is a holiday...great line
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 09:16 AM

I am ok with the days,Art,...it's the not knowing,if I am coming or going!.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top