Join for free
Page 18 of 57 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 10:40 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

I saw that too, Omah....its disappointing, to say the least.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 05:49 PM

A further 4,330 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Wednesday.

Significant increase on yesterday (30%) .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A further 4,330 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Wednesday.

Significant increase on yesterday (30%) .
Another day like this and you can kiss your holiday goodbye Omah ??
Boris must be sweating now !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:06 PM

A further 5,274 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Thursday.

A massive increase on the previous steady rate of 2,000-3,000.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:24 PM

A further 5,274 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Thursday.

Oh dear. If this continues, I can see Boris reimposing lockdowns.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:24 PM

Well...Lockdown 4 is being made as we speak.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-06-2021, 04:48 PM

COVID cases in England soar by 76.5% in a week, ONS estimates show

https://news.sky.com/story/76-5-incr...-show-12324709

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) estimates that 85,600 people in the country had COVID-19 in the week to May 29 - equating to around one in 640 people in private households.

This is the highest level since the week to 16 April and is up from 48,500 people - one in 1,120 people - in the week ending 22 May.

Boris Johnson is under pressure to press ahead with the unlocking - dubbed "freedom day" by some - following the successful rollout of vaccines.

However, concerns persist over the spread of the Indian variant, also known as the Delta variant.
BJ let the genie loose ..... now he'll have to face the consequences .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 05:20 PM

COVID cases in England soar by 76.5% in a week, ONS estimates show

https://news.sky.com/story/76-5-incr...-show-12324709

BJ uncorked the genie - has he got the bottle to put the cork back in .....
I don't know. Looking at the graph, this latest increase is peanuts compared to what it was over the winter.
We should also consider that most people, certainly older people, have had both vaccinations or will have had very shortly.

We should also look at the number of deaths which I think will reflect the consequence of the vaccination programme. I believe that the idea is that having been vaccinated people are far less likely to suffer serious consequences and death through contracting the virus and any infection is likely to be far milder or even unnoticeable.

Assuming I am correct, I think he should do as planned, lift the restrictions and allow the country - its people and its businesses - to restore some normality.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-06-2021, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't know. Looking at the graph, this latest increase is peanuts compared to what it was over the winter.
We should also consider that most people, certainly older people, have had both vaccinations or will have had very shortly.

We should also look at the number of deaths which I think will reflect the consequence of the vaccination programme. I believe that the idea is that having been vaccinated people are far less likely to suffer serious consequences and death through contracting the virus and any infection is likely to be far milder or even unnoticeable.

Assuming I am correct, I think he should do as planned, lift the restrictions and allow the country - its people and its businesses - to restore some normality.
It was less than peanuts this time last year - 1,700 per day .....

Even if deaths are minimal and symptoms milder, 5,000 cases a day is 35,000 a week, 150,000 a month, 2,000,000 a year (extrapolated) .....

That will incur a lot of sick leave, quarantine and isolation.

BJ and Soapy need to do something soon .....

A further 6,238 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Friday.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Airlines add capacity ahead of Portugal change

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57353048

Airlines are laying on extra capacity to bring people back to the UK from Portugal before the country is removed from the travel green list on Tuesday.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the decision on Portugal, which includes the islands of Madeira and the Azores, had to be made because of a rise in cases of the Delta variant, first detected in India.

"It was not a decision I wanted to take," he said. "But we're absolutely determined to keep this country safe, especially from novel variants coming from overseas."
So, Hancock's inviting a surge of returnees, some of whom will, inevitably, be carrying a variant of the COVID virus **, back to the UK ASAP. .....

Michael Gove alerted by NHS Test and Trace after Champions League trip

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57355599

Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has been alerted by NHS Test and Trace to say he had come into contact with someone with coronavirus. The senior Conservative had recently returned from Portugal after supporting Chelsea in the Champions League final.

Instead of self isolating for 10 days, Mr Gove will take daily Covid tests as part of a pilot scheme designed to measure testing effectiveness. The exercise is aimed at finding safe alternatives to self-isolation. *
A spokesman for Mr Gove, who had travelled to Porto with his teenage son, said: "He has followed Covid-19 regulations and guidance at all times and will continue to do so."
* Is it safe .....

** Apparently, Portugal has had 12 cases of the Nepal variant, too.

Page 18 of 57 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top