Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:02 AM

Re: Another Anti Vaxer Dead.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
In this situation, yes. How many lives have been lost by listening to such as him?
I'm sorry Judd if having the vaccine makes you smug, vindictive and self righteous, I'll pass thanks.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:47 AM

I don't know much about this bloke. If by "anti vaxer" he was trying to persuade others not to have the vaccine then I don't have not so much sympathy for him. If he simply thought the vaccine was no use to him and didn't bother it is sad he found out the hard way. I really feel sorry for all those who suffered and died in the first wave of the virus before the better treatment and vaccines. In another thread the NHS is coming in for some harsh criticism but I think they are dong a good job.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:54 AM

You pays your money, you takes your choice...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm sorry Judd if having the vaccine makes you smug, vindictive and self righteous, I'll pass thanks.....
I agree. If it turns out that your own fears of currently unknown harmful side-effects ends up being true and that some people become ill or worse, then no doubt you too won't be going around saying "I told you so".

As you said in a previous post, there is a family in grieving. AFAIK the fella was a simply a sceptic and made a personal choice which seems to have been the wrong one (although, in truth, we'll never know if the vaccine would have saved him anyway since it's not an absolute given).
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:21 PM

We all make decisions in Our Adult Lives,sometimes they're the right ones,sometimes wrong..this Man admitted He may have made the wrong one...We'll never really know..I do feel very sorry for His Family who will have to go on living without Him..c'est la vie.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think that it's the keeping us alive bit that most of us are more worried about to be fair, OGF.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:43 PM

My boss refused the vaccine as she is trying for a baby and now she has covid and doctor told her this morning she has long covid!! Oh dear thats not good
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I think that it's the keeping us alive bit that most of us are more worried about to be fair, OGF.
I can't argue with that Zaphod, but if somebody doesn't agree with us it's not right to dismiss their death as being their own fault. I'm sure he thought that the risk of having the vaccine was greater than the risk of dying of Covid. He could be right, and we will find out in years to come when people start filling the hospitals with mystery illnesses. I agree that the vaccines appear to be reducing deaths and infections, but at what cost?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My boss refused the vaccine as she is trying for a baby and now she has covid and doctor told her this morning she has long covid!! Oh dear thats not good
A sad story Lion Queen but I'm sure she thought it was the right thing to do at the time. You only hear about the ones that end badly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top