Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its not true - can't think of anyone here that would 'relish' that - give the members some credit BC ........
Generally speaking I would not have thought that anyone here would be as I describe Patsy.
BUT.
Like I have already said , give some people the POWER of a forum moderator, and they just have to use it. For myself, on other forums I have known some Mods who actually spoil the smooth running of a forum because they just HAVE to poke in and interfere over the slightest thing.

Even on Saggy, there were a couple like that.
I remember one who had his avatar who had a policeman with a truncheon in his hand on it.
Says it all really!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Generally speaking I would not have thought that anyone here would be as I describe Patsy.
BUT.
Like I have already said , give some people the POWER of a forum moderator, and they just have to use it. For myself, on other forums I have known some Mods who actually spoil the smooth running of a forum because they just HAVE to poke in and interfere over the slightest thing.

Even on Saggy, there were a couple like that.
I remember one who had his avatar who had a policeman with a truncheon in his hand on it.
Says it all really!
I know it 'can' happen - but the forum mentioned hardly had a good reputation
If a potential Mod isn't fair and acted as you suggest, they wouldn't last long ..........
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:47 AM

So Friends Reunited is closing in a month ? Oh dear, there were one or two on there who constantly bitched so I hope they don't vegetate on to here ! They were truly dreadful bullies, and they may have gone elsewhere already. Hopefully they will not be old enough for this site !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:50 AM

I seem to remember a previous thread when nominations were asked for. Did no names get put forward. ?
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:59 AM

I agree with May about having a couple of male 'helpers/mods'. That would give a balanced 'authority' wouldn't it ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:02 PM

There may have been many Names put forward..but will the Nominees accept the position?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I seem to remember a previous thread when nominations were asked for. Did no names get put forward. ?
Yes, I also remember that thread, which appeared to come to nothing, despite the then apparent need for more mods.

Maybe this time there will be a result.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know it 'can' happen - but the forum mentioned hardly had a good reputation
If a potential Mod isn't fair and acted as you suggest, they wouldn't last long ..........
That is just it Patsy.
They do!
They do
Now for a true cautionary tale.

On another quite largish forum I was on, which has fairly recently gone belly up, I had a forum lady friend who was on my friend list. For a good couple of years I got on ever so well with her, and had lots of cheeky and other banter plus PMs and stuff. I truly liked her an awful lot.

THEN, all of a sudden she was made a Mod.
THEN, she changed!
like I say, she just HAD to use a Mods privileges, such as I mentioned in my other post.

Before long. both me and others, who are now members of this forum, got ourselves banned by her.

Like I say, that forum is no more.
I wonder why?

All I am saying is this.
If there is a likely new Mod on the way here, then that person needs to be chosen with the greatest of care.

And I don't envy the person who agrees to do it either.
No matter what they are like!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:13 PM

Having previously modded on a very small forum (which died due to health problems) I know that even 'helping' uses up one's time and needs to be undertaken fairly and logically.

So, ideally, it needs to be someone either retired or at home.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-01-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Having previously modded on a very small forum (which died due to the owner's health problems) I know that even 'helping' uses up one's time and needs to be undertaken fairly and logically.

So, ideally, it needs to be someone either retired or at home.
Bye the way folks.
I wasn't referring to Rachel in my post up above there!

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top