Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 07:58 AM

Re: Bbc

I can remember a time when the BBC logo on a programme was a guarantee of quality. They produced interesting documentaries, good discussions, and excellent drama series. Now all they show is dross such as Strictly Whatever and repeats ad nauseam. Cancelled my licence and threw the TV out back in 2003/4 and - looking at the schedules - am not missing a thing!
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Michael Portillo:

He doesn’t believe the BBC licence fee will survive as young people had no connection to the broadcasting organisation, as they increasingly consumed their media elsewhere through their smartphones and laptops. Suggested that the channel could no longer justify its role as a public service provider.

Journalist Ash Sarkar commented, BBC has to adapt or die.
Makes me sad. I'm American, but BBC played a significant part in my childhood. Back when Television was analog and we only got like 5 stations. PBC was one of them. I grew up watching Benny Hill, The Two Ronnies, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python. I loved British Comedies back then much better than their American counterparts. Just another part of my childhood gone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Makes me sad. I'm American, but BBC played a significant part in my childhood. Back when Television was analog and we only got like 5 stations. PBC was one of them. I grew up watching Benny Hill, The Two Ronnies, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python. I loved British Comedies back then much better than their American counterparts. Just another part of my childhood gone.
Undoubtedly, the BBC has been an excellent broadcaster in the past and has produced many excellent TV programmes.

Sadly, they have of late become far too PC and that is especially noticeable in their news and documentary output.

You may not have heard, but they have also become greedy. Over-75s have been entitled to free TV licences for some time now, but the greedy b******s at the BBC have stopped that and, fortunately, engendered an enormous negative response from the public in general, to the extent that there is now a big drive for the government to cancel TV licences for everyone and oblige the BBC to fund themselves in the same way as all other TV companies must: through advertising.

In addition, this public rejection also criticises the obviously left-wing attitude now of the BBC and their pro-EU leaning.
They have certainly shot themselves in the foot now! I certainly never watch their programmes especially news programmes.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top