Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Re: A Question of Trust.

Have to say who gives a damn what French politicians think, we no longer have to bow and scrape to the EU wishes . Something they are too thick to grasp.
Independance gives us to right to alter any agreement without permission from the French or any other EU country.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have to say who gives a damn what French politicians think, we no longer have to bow and scrape to the EU wishes . Something they are too thick to grasp.
Independance gives us to right to alter any agreement without permission from the French or any other EU country.
I'm not sure that's quite how maintaining good international trading relations works......
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:28 AM

I see Britannia still thinks it rules the waves.
All Boris does is wave the rules.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I wish Boris would apply the same rules to the North sea as he
applies to northern lreland ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure that's quite how maintaining good international trading relations works......
That is EXACTLY how good international trading works. An agreement is only valid until it is no longer advantageous to both parties. When it is not --- say bye bye to it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:23 AM

Hi

It does not matter what we think of the EU, what matters is what others think of us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That is EXACTLY how good international trading works. An agreement is only valid until it is no longer advantageous to both parties. When it is not --- say bye bye to it.
That might be how for example Venezuela does international trade. It's surprising how much you like Switzerland yet you say things like this. We should be aiming to be more like Switzerland and not aspire to the Venezuelan business model.

NB : the OP I responded to was about our ability to single-handedly alter any agreement without both sides agreeing to that change.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It does not matter what we think of the EU, what matters is what others think of us.
What matters is not what anyone thinks about us, it's how economically successful we are using every trick in the book before someone else does. It works on an individual basis and on a national basis.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Rump Ulster is not. Rump ulster is ON the island of Ireland but is NOT a part of Eire.

Rump is used to identify a part of a country or thing.

"rump" in relation to a part of a country? I have never heard this used before. You are making it up. Ulster spans two political boundaries. Part of it is in Ireland, part in Northern Ireland.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
"rump" in relation to a part of a country? I have never heard this used before. You are making it up. Ulster spans two political boundaries. Part of it is in Ireland, part in Northern Ireland.
As regards use of "rump" in this context - you should get out more. I certainly am not making anything up.

In the case of the ISLAND of Ireland it is not just two political boundaries, it is two separate nations.

Rump Ulster is British, the bordering country is not.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top