Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Parable
Canada
Parable is male  Parable has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 04:24 PM

Professor T?

Anyone see Professor T: 6 part mini series I found enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6woS0vxhIQ
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Re: Professor T?

Just down loaded it today and it looks interesting and also am downloading the 3 complete series of the Belgian one, which my daughter has watched and stated that was brilliant.
Parable
Canada
Parable is male  Parable has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just down loaded it today and it looks interesting and also am downloading the 3 complete series of the Belgian one, which my daughter has watched and stated that was brilliant.
Yes I heard it was a remake, do you know if the Belgian series is dubbed in English?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Parable ->
Yes I heard it was a remake, do you know if the Belgian series is dubbed in English?
Yes it is, I have just started watching it.

My daughter said that the first two series were brilliant but the third was not so good.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:48 PM

This starts tomorrow evening on ITV at 9pm. Here's the Radio Times summary:

University of Cambridge criminology professor Jasper Tempest is obsessed with cleanliness, structure and order, and is persuaded by a former student - now a police detective - to help her investigate a serial rapist. Meanwhile, when he discovers his mother Adelaide is trying to sell his long-abandoned family home, Jasper makes a momentous decision. Crime drama, starring Ben Miller, Frances de la Tour.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:58 AM

I have watched the first two episodes on Britbox and enjoyed it.
However...

...the light moments and rather dark crimes did not always sit easily with each other

...the 'fantasy'/internal moments were very reminiscent of various Dennis Potter pieces but not so well done

(by way of an aside, it would be brilliant if all the old Dennis Potter series/plays found their way onto Britbox)

...the police characters were all rather stereotypical

...the ITV house style of these sort of programmes being soundtracked with sub-Morse style music is getting a bit tired

Where can I watch the originals?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

22-07-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->

Where can I watch the originals?
They are free on a couple of Torrents sights

Message and I will tell you which ones
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:22 PM

I tried the first episode and just couldn't get into it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:12 PM

Watched the 1st episode and thought it strange to say the least. I was expecting rather more of Ben Miller. Francis De La Tour was excellent as Prof T's mother, though

Maybe it will perk up in future episodes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 07:52 PM

I watched the first episode and found it very odd. I thought l would give the second episode a chance but have now given up with it.

It’s not my scene!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top