Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:54 PM

PANDEMIC ?? What Pandemic ?

Wimbledon, (full house, no masks)
Wembley,( full house, no masks)
Visiting fans from covid countries ?
Boris decrees pandemic overl!!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Re: PANDEMIC ?? What Pandemic ?

Trying to kill us all off I think
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Trying to kill us all off I think
Well, the population is getting older so there will be more people of retirement age, some maybe needing extra care so what better way of sorting that problem out!

Age UK research lays bare the drastic impact of the pandemic on our older population’s health and morale

"The new research finds that some older people are coping with the pandemic, but a sizeable minority are finding life incredibly tough. Those who are not very well and have long term health conditions were particularly likely to report that this is an extremely challenging time for them.

The study shows that many older people are enduring increased and sometimes devastating levels of anxiety, in part because they know they are at serious risk from the virus – an invisible deadly enemy. Even during the summer, when restrictions were eased, many were too afraid to go out."

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/latest-pres...ations-health/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well, the population is getting older so there will be more people of retirement age, some maybe needing extra care so what better way of sorting that problem out!

Age UK research lays bare the drastic impact of the pandemic on our older population’s health and morale

"The new research finds that some older people are coping with the pandemic, but a sizeable minority are finding life incredibly tough. Those who are not very well and have long term health conditions were particularly likely to report that this is an extremely challenging time for them.

The study shows that many older people are enduring increased and sometimes devastating levels of anxiety, in part because they know they are at serious risk from the virus – an invisible deadly enemy. Even during the summer, when restrictions were eased, many were too afraid to go out."

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/latest-pres...ations-health/
Not only that, Baz, but I'm reading a lot of disabled people who relied on care and/or support - even socially, are feeling forgotten now. "Cast aside" one young girl put it. Its such a shame. So unless you are young, fit, and able to work (contribute to society), you are pretty much left to fend for yourself. Only nobody actually says that
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:19 PM

beggars belief doesn't it.

I'm guessing the figures are going to be HIGH in the next few weeks.

Covid hasn't gone and isn't going anywhere.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not only that, Baz, but I'm reading a lot of disabled people who relied on care and/or support - even socially, are feeling forgotten now. "Cast aside" one young girl put it. Its such a shame. So unless you are young, fit, and able to work (contribute to society), you are pretty much left to fend for yourself. Only nobody actually says that
Yes, I have also read and heard about those who need care and support which is not forthcoming. Living on my own and still doing everything myself, I visualise that could be a problem in the future, simply due to being retired and of an age to be of that status. However, I don't give in that easily so will just get on with it while able to do so.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

11-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, I have also read and heard about those who need care and support which is not forthcoming. Living on my own and still doing everything myself, I visualise that could be a problem in the future, simply due to being retired and of an age to be of that status. However, I don't give in that easily so will just get on with it while able to do so.
Good for you! Long may it continue!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:26 PM

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:30 PM

I went to church last Sunday, we were all sitting 6ft apart and had to wear a mask and guess what , no singing allowed , so they just played the music so we tapped feet instead . No water allowed and no tea or coffee afterwards because of restrictions

So all week I've watched football fans jumping and screaming in each others faces and Wimbledon sat shoulder to shoulder and yet 20 people couldn't sing in church or have a glass of water

Now watch the virus go out of control after this sporting week

I'm afraid I just dont understand why one rule for one and another rule for others
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
beggars belief doesn't it.

I'm guessing the figures are going to be HIGH in the next few weeks.

Covid hasn't gone and isn't going anywhere.

That is what I think too Queenie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top