Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

11-07-2021, 08:55 PM

Re: PANDEMIC ?? What Pandemic ?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
beggars belief doesn't it.

I'm guessing the figures are going to be HIGH in the next few weeks.

Covid hasn't gone and isn't going anywhere.
And that’s why they have lockdown in Tokyo and probably no spectators at all at the Olympics.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
And that’s why they have lockdown in Tokyo and probably no spectators at all at the Olympics.
Sensible of Tokyo, I'll be watching from the safety of my armchair in my home
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Wimbledon, (full house, no masks)
Wembley,( full house, no masks)
Visiting fans from covid countries ?
Boris decrees pandemic overl!!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
I thought it was probably just me wondering about these things that seem to be happening in a different world to mine ,but they’re actually not !
What are we supposed to make of it ? I haven’t been anywhere socially nor had anyone in my home ,not taken public transport and yet all this ,correctly described is going on . Do they think because they’ve perhaps some but not all have had two jabs that they’re free to roam ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:43 PM

Vaccines are working here. Yes there are people infected, yes there are hospitalisations, but going to a game outdoors is no longer high risk. Lots of unvaccinated still exist but they are getting smaller in number.

Yesterday we all mixed more than ever since the pandemic. BBQ with different groups of friends in a different part of the country. Lots of trains and mixing with taxi drivers and hugging and even forgetting our masks in the taxi until someone mentioned it (oops) etc. Today lots more mixing, shops visitors etc.

So if I am ok in the next ten days I can assure you that the vaccine works! One should blinkin well hope it works too!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I went to church last Sunday, we were all sitting 6ft apart and had to wear a mask and guess what , no singing allowed , so they just played the music so we tapped feet instead . No water allowed and no tea or coffee afterwards because of restrictions

So all week I've watched football fans jumping and screaming in each others faces and Wimbledon sat shoulder to shoulder and yet 20 people couldn't sing in church or have a glass of water

Now watch the virus go out of control after this sporting week

I'm afraid I just dont understand why one rule for one and another rule for others
Exactly that Susan, the contrast is so obvious?
Plus the speed that Boris is opening up is so sudden ?
It makes me think he has just found out how much it is costing ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
A good point Ulabi?
The extreme opposite of UK?
Perhaps we believe in the vaccine but they don't ??
I am perplexed !!
BTW, how is your eye ? If you don't mind me asking !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top