Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:54 PM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Having read the messages here I would suggest that plant based defences are your best and safest bet.

My garden has similar defences introduced initially to make my kids enter by the front gate rather than jumping over the fence

This one produces nice flowers but as you can see is covered in flesh tearing spikes

This one is more extreme and deadly

Finally one for ground cover to extend the range of your protection.

These plants grow like there is no tomorrow and reproduce and spread without assistance however you can speed the process up by breaking off a shoot and sticking it in the ground (my kind of gardening).

If you look at the base of the tall spikey one you can see all the pups which can be replanted. I had a bloke call round and ask if he could take some, I think he took a couple of dozen to protect his property but he hardly made any impression on the number of pups.

No animal or human can get through or over these plants without severe lacerations.

Note to self: Must trim the bits near the letterbox don't want to impale the postie.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030550.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	16299   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030552.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	16300   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030553.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	16301   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030554.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	16302   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030556.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	16303  

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 07:19 AM

That's the route I would go down Bruce if I had Swims problem. I've got a large Holly Bush against the front wall, woe betide anyone who dares to enter my garden over the wall.... Even Maddie the cat gives it a wide birth especially the sharp spikey leaves that have fallen on to the ground at the base...
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:25 AM

Yes me too there’s some vicious varieties of Rosa Rugosa ,it’s a fast grower doesn’t get the dreaded blackspot no need to dead head as has wonderful flowers rose hips and Dense Thorns
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can understand you not wanting to get involved with solicitors, though you can ask for nothing.

On the other hand, if that fence is on your land, or even bordering your land, you have every right to water your adjacent plants and sod the rotting fence.

If I were you, I'd water them heavily every day and watch the fence rot.

Before he replaces it, though, make sure you put up some trellis or, better still, a shed backing right up to it. You don't want him to nick any more of your land!
I called my solicitor today but they don’t do boundary disputes .
So need to find one who does . Meanwhile I shall continue to water my plants I hope the darn fence does rot .

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top