Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Re: A few pics of my dog

Carmen, your boy is lovely Looks like a lot of fun and I'll bet he keeps you on your toes. Its great that you took him in from the rescue place he's certainly landed on his feet with you

I've not had a lot to do with boxers until recently. A friend has a young one and has just got a puppy to keep him company and I've been going around in the daytime for some playtime!! They both have tails which is really nice to see.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Not a doggy person meself but he's a beautiful looking doglet.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 09:37 PM

Thank you for your kind comments

Alfie certainly does keep us on our toes, he's full of energy. Also, he is currently going through a variety of dog food, because he has, what we believe to be, a food allergy that makes him bite and scratch. We've sort of narrowed it down now to only having Hills prescription diet food. He has been on Orijen, which we considered one of the best, but even that gives him problems.

Just hope now that the Hills will sort him out
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Thank you for your kind comments

Alfie certainly does keep us on our toes, he's full of energy. Also, he is currently going through a variety of dog food, because he has, what we believe to be, a food allergy that makes him bite and scratch. We've sort of narrowed it down now to only having Hills prescription diet food. He has been on Orijen, which we considered one of the best, but even that gives him problems.

Just hope now that the Hills will sort him out
Hope the Hills diet helps Alfie Carmen-not the cheapest of food to buy, especially from Vets/Pet Shops, but much cheaper on internet.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Carmen I don't know if you've heard about a website called myitchydog.http://www.myitchydog.co.uk/index.asp. There's lots of information there about itchy dogs (obviously!) and various products which might be worth a look at.

I used one of their products called Billy No Mates during the summer which is a natural tick and flea repellent.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Hope the Hills diet helps Alfie Carmen-not the cheapest of food to buy, especially from Vets/Pet Shops, but much cheaper on internet.
I know Merz - none of the food we've been buying has been cheap. Hills is £50 odd from Pet Planet - that's where we purchased the Orijen from too; I find them pretty reasonable.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

14-11-2011, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Carmen I don't know if you've heard about a website called myitchydog.http://www.myitchydog.co.uk/index.asp. There's lots of information there about itchy dogs (obviously!) and various products which might be worth a look at.

I used one of their products called Billy No Mates during the summer which is a natural tick and flea repellent.
Thanks for that link Marian Will bookmark it. I've already got Dermacton creams and sprays from Aromesse, which seem to work. He's already been to the vets and the nurse said she could smell the yeast in his paws We've got Malaseb shampoo from the vets - you name it, we've practically done it.
marpaul
North Cumbria

14-11-2011, 12:43 AM

What a shame for poor Alfie! Lets hope the Hills food resolves the itching.
Steveturner
New Member!
Swansea
Steveturner is male 

28-04-2012, 08:07 PM

Hi I really hope you don't mind me getting in touch I met you briefly up the hospital a while back . Me and my wife were the other lucky people to have had Alfie in our lives but unfortunately due to illness we had to rehome him and it looks like he couldn't have gone to a nicer home really hope he is ok and doing well .. Mark and Laura
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

30-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Steveturner ->
Hi I really hope you don't mind me getting in touch I met you briefly up the hospital a while back . Me and my wife were the other lucky people to have had Alfie in our lives but unfortunately due to illness we had to rehome him and it looks like he couldn't have gone to a nicer home really hope he is ok and doing well .. Mark and Laura
Yes, I recall that brief meeting.

Alfie is really doing well now and he's settled in fabulously. He even lets us sit on the sofa, sometimes.

He absolutely loves his beach walks/runs, with his frisbee and loves to splash about in the sea.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top