Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 12:49 AM

Re: My Day With The Newfie Club.

I have 2 fave dogs newfounland hounds number 1 love them
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 08:57 AM

If you are elderly then you have to think if anything happens to you the dog will be homeless, and you could give a dog another chance by having an older one, its just how you feel I think.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 10:47 AM

I'm just retired Annie and I am leaning towards a Rescue Dog. I've had a couple of Old English Sheepdogs from their Breed Rescue around 16 Years ago, "Danny and Bently". When they had both passed away I got an O.E.S. Puppy I called Pashka, when she was 5 Months old I ended up driving back down to Lincoln and rescued Pashka's Mum myself. I was going to have a Newfie once Pashka was around a Year old but as I ended up with her Mum instead.....that put paid to the Newfie at that time.

Losos Hi. I've not spoken with Sue Hislop but with Cathy Lyle who seems to run the Scottish Newfie Club. It was herself who got us to go to the Clubs Easter Fun Day, it was held on the Shores of Lochore near Ballingry in Fife.
http://www.fifedirect.org.uk/atoz/in...D046DA0CD23C31
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Losos Hi. I've not spoken with Sue Hislop but with Cathy Lyle who seems to run the Scottish Newfie Club.
All the regions do talk to each other, at least when it comes to rescue work. There is a Northern Newfoundland Club which is seperate from the main club but again they do liaise with each other. You should have no problems finding the ideal dog from Sue. I was a sponsor of one of her long term unhomeable ones called Scratchy he was one of a pair which most people wouldn't go for, the other was Itchy, from the names I think you can guess why they were unwanted
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 12:49 AM

Thats what I want a newfy there lovley like big old bears
but to expensiff for my budget
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
Thats what I want a newfy there lovley like big old bears
but to expensiff for my budget
They are not all that expensive, but one thing I would say is that if you are a lady of let's say 'petite' size the sheer strength that Newfies have can be a problem, most people don't know that in the last century they were used not only for hauling in the Newfoundland fishermens nets but also in the Canadian forrests teams of six were used for hauling complete trees

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top