Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 11:46 AM

I'm a Stray....I'm Worth Loving.

Woof!" I said as you started the car,
"Hooray!" I said, it's my first time afar.
The scents we were passing were all new to me,
For it was my first introduction to this mystery.
As we got out of the car I embraced you with joy,
After all you remembered to bring my favourite toy!
You threw it once or twice, of which I retrieved,
But on the third it seemed you were ready to leave.
You threw it long and hard and I chased it like lightning,
But when I turned to bring it back I saw a sight quite frightening.
I gripped my toy hard as I tried to comprehend
What it was I did wrong to make our relationship end.
You walked back to your car as I sat there still loyal.
Why am I subservient and you so royal?
Your engine started, and you peeled out into the night,
You didn't even care about my overwhelming fright.
As I sat in my pose determined you would come back,
The sun faded behind me while the surroundings turned black.
Day after day I stayed in that park,
Lying... waiting... too feeble to bark.
As I lay there dying thinking of you master,
I asked myself how I got into this horrifying disaster.
With my last breath of life, I whispered your name
Then I collapsed in a heap overrun by pain.
Why didn't you love me master? Why didn't you care?
Had I no significance, was I just a clump of hair?
I stayed there master and I waited for you
I guess taking care of me was just too much to do.
I'm gone now master, no more You-and-I
But what I can't figure out is why you didn't even say goodbye...

-Author: Andrew Siegele-

DONT ABANDON YOUR PETS. You are their lives !

Note : It's a poem and I am not sure if its based on a specific dog. But thats how many animals end worldwide. Spay and Neuter your pets ! Save their lives and the lives of many unborn ones .

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Re: I'm a Stray....I'm Worth Loving.

That is so so sad, but unfortunately very true. I wonder if you would be surprised at the numbers of pets many of the British have simply abandoned here as they have left to return to UK, some simply leaving the dogs in the house or apartment to either starve or wait for someone to find them. Others have simply just dumped them. No doubt once these people get established back in UK they will take another pet. Cruel and wicked people. You see it isn't just the Spanish and other nationalities that do this, the British are doing it on a large scale.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Such sad but true words.I wrote a poem about a Dog in a Dogs Home that also made people shed a tear that reminds me of this one in many ways.Makes you think for sure and thankyou for sharing.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That is so so sad, but unfortunately very true. I wonder if you would be surprised at the numbers of pets many of the British have simply abandoned here as they have left to return to UK, some simply leaving the dogs in the house or apartment to either starve or wait for someone to find them. Others have simply just dumped them. No doubt once these people get established back in UK they will take another pet. Cruel and wicked people. You see it isn't just the Spanish and other nationalities that do this, the British are doing it on a large scale.
My 2 were found on a death row for dogs in Dublin 24 hours off being electrocuted along with 14 other dogs. Luckily the lovely lady from the rescue home brought them all back and rehomed the lot. People who abandon or harm defenceless animals should be hung drawn and quartered in my view.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
My 2 were found on a death row for dogs in Dublin 24 hours off being electrocuted along with 14 other dogs. Luckily the lovely lady from the rescue home brought them all back and rehomed the lot. People who abandon or harm defenceless animals should be hung drawn and quartered in my view.
So sad when I read of healthy Dogs being put down and yet so uplifting when I read about people like your good self giving those Dogs a good home.Im am a huge Animal lover and at one time had 13 Dogs which I loved and kept till the day they died.I now have 5 and one is very old and has quite a few problems...but shes eating and not in any pain that I can see and while she's like that I won't take life away from her....its to precious and just a shame that some have so little respect for our little Friends.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:44 PM

DONT ABANDON YOUR PETS. You are their lives !
I don't know how anyone can abandon a pet my dogs play an enormous part in my life....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 08:43 PM

That poem is so sad but unfortunately, so true As for that picture, I think it's Docholiday (on this forum) who has it in his album and looking at it, broke my heart

My pets play a very important part in my life too and always will.

Those beings that can abandon pets are not human - they are lizards in human skin from another planet!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 09:21 PM

It is quite beyond me how anyone could ever simply abandon a pet, I would starve myself before I'd see my pets go hungry and if I ever found I had to leave somewhere, then my pets would be leaving with me, if they couldn't go then neither would I, it's as simple as that. I do realise that sometimes there can be extreme circumstances that make it impossible to take your pet but to simply abandon them is never necessary. Such people must be completely heartless.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 02:25 PM

If your circumstances change so that it really is impossible to keep your pets there are plenty of rescue homes around. There is no excuse for just abandoning them to die. The Dogs Trust for example will never put a healthy dog down and if you don't want a dog yourself sponsoring one of theirs is a great thing to do. £10 a month pays for their food. I sponsor one and get regular updates on his progress. I prefer this rather than to just give money which goes into a pot as you a helping a specific animal.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Having just had a frantic morning worrying about my little man who disappeared I cannot bear to think of any pets being abandonned. I've been so distraught, and it reminded me that the reason that I took so long to have another pet is the fact that I am so upset when they die.
Happily, Bennie came back and we have had lots of cuddles since then. If he DARE do that again....

I'll be just as soft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top