Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:19 PM

Well, I Couldn’t Believe My Eyes!

I have just been in Tesco’s. I was paying for my goods at the checkout and a tiny old lady was next in the queue.
I did a double take as she had a lime green hi-vis jacket on and shorts to her knees! She was holding a shopping basket with her shopping in and a canvas recyclable shopping bag on her arm.
Suddenly, the handle on the bag fell forward exposing a load of £10 notes. Honestly, it was crammed with these loose notes and l couldn’t believe what l was seeing!

Maybe, this is quite a normal thing to do? Taking your life savings out with you to the supermarket or can you think of another reason?

Answers funny or serious are welcome!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:20 PM

Re: Well, I Couldn’t Believe My Eyes!

I hope she stays safe.....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Ditto. I wonder if the staff at her her bank/building society said anything to her about carrying such a large sum of money around.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:23 PM

It seems that a lot of old people don't trust banks, Angel.

Silly woman, though. (Er, her, not you.) Walking about like that is inevitably going to encourage the many criminally-minded we have in today's society to take advantage of her.

Or perhaps she's a WPC in disguise?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Do you think she is a forger Art

My older brother is very 'well off' (no children) and always uses cash he won't use cards .
If he comes down here 'from't moors' to take me out for a meal he always produces a huge roll of notes from his pocket and pays with that. It makes me feel like I am dining with a gangster
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:42 PM

We have an elderly lady, (having said that she could be younger than me) who buys teddy bears, mostly Charlie bears, but if another make takes her fancy she'll buy that one too. She usually buys three or four, sometimes more & pays by cash, she has hundreds of notes in her purse. The first time she came my eyes boggled. I just hope she stays safe too, but don't like to say anything to her in case she takes offence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:48 PM

When my husbands auntie died she had cash stashed all over the house .
Its an old lady thing .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When my husbands auntie died she had cash stashed all over the house .
Its an old lady thing .
We found the same when my dearly departed MiL passed away. Quite a number of little plastic cash bags full of £notes secreted in bedside drawers, dressing table drawers, etc. When we counted it all up, there was nearly enough to pay for her funeral and wake.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:55 PM

Gosh Art, begging can be fruitful up in your area!
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

12-03-2020, 04:59 PM

She sounds a little eccentric with how she was dressed so I hope she is just that and not suffering from Alzheimers where often figures, amounts and values can get confused and £5 can easily become £50...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top