Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:58 AM

Electromagnetic pollution

This is taken from an article I am reading:
"The 29 scientists who make up the BioInitiative Working Group have been reviewing the possible impact on health of all types of electromagnetic pollution, including 'dirty' electricity and electromagnetic fields from mobile phones, and the radio frequency emanating from phone masts.
They reviewed more than 1,800 studies into EMF effects on health and discovered the risk has increased substantially since their previous report in 2007. They discovered a "consistent pattern" between mobile phone use and the risk of glioma (malignant brain tumour), while a dozen more studies suggest cell phone radiation damages sperm.
The scientists also postulate that EMF's could increase the risk of autism in children. Pregnant women who use wireless phones and laptops may be altering foetal brain development, which could later manifest as hyperactivity and behavioural problems say researchers.
Overall, say the researchers, radiofrequency should be classified as carcinogenic, (cancer causing), and public safety limits need to be increased".
Could this be a contributary cause of all the cancers nowadays?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Re: Electromagnetic pollution

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Could this be a contributary cause of all the cancers nowadays?
Without a doubt in my opinion. It has been known for decades that homes should not be built anywhere near local power stations due to emissions from them and phone masts should also be well away from populated areas; as Britain becomes more crowded, that is becoming increasingly difficult to do.

I guess they will still go on blaming lifestyle though - it saves the legal bill if people decide to sue.

Edited to add: the same is true of vehicle pollution - they know all the serious ailments that causes. I'm afraid that our modern lifestyle isn't good for our health!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 10:02 AM

I think it is a factor, just my opinion tho' .......
Very rarely use a mobile phone, when I do I put it on speaker .....
Dec phones do not agree with me, so would never have one !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 01:30 PM

I'm not surprised, more people seem to be getting different forms of cancer now then ever before, something must be causing it.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

16-09-2013, 01:41 PM

This whole World is nothing but EMF,we get everything the the universe throws at us,we have always been bombarded with radiation,elecricity has been here before it was "invented" lol,all they did was harness it,cancer is mainly caused by bad life choices and habits,cancer is manmade,you just have to look at Hiroshima,Nagasaki,Chernobyl and now Fuchoshima,I think all diseases are caused by the way we choose to live and what we eat,we have always lived in a world of EMF and radiation,i had radiofrequency on my spinal nerves to kill them? surely the output from a mobile phone could not do that or we could just hold our phones to our sore bits and dial the number so it rings a few times and hey presto no more sore.
Everything gets blamed on the Universe when its these idiots playing around with atom bombs and chemicals.Scientists tell you everything but the truth,they need money for funding!

Do wind farms really make you ill?

Does living under powerlines make you ill? maybe,but its a bit different to a mobile phone or a laptop,I bet all these scientists use mobile phones and laptops,they may be bored and need to fund research.I wouldent put it past them to scaremonger to get a research grant to get themselves an income! lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 01:47 PM

God - you seem to know everything, is yer head big enough for the size of that brain .....!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I think it is a factor, just my opinion tho' .......
Very rarely use a mobile phone, when I do I put it on speaker .....
Dec phones do not agree with me, so would never have one !
What's a dec phone Pats?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
What's a dec phone Pats?
A Dec phone is cordless - like a mobile - its charged up
If you have a power cut - they dont work ...
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

16-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
God - you seem to know everything, is yer head big enough for the size of that brain .....!
I am just having fun!

This forum to me is a bit of fun,and what i know is very little,i know as much as the next person,no more,no less!

I thought everyone knows the basics? like how things work?
Maybe they dont!

Billy

Then again,you could be being facetious! lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2013, 03:20 PM

Yea I could be.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top