Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 08:42 AM

Re: Dogs and Ryanaire

Just a thought I wonder if the presence of a gentle dog might make nervous passengers feel better, I know I feel calmer with a dog by my side. Sort of like flying PAT dogs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree with that statement in a way cranberry. Some owners and their dogs are a pain in the backside, and could make your journey a nightmare.
But, as I have already said, I would never allow mine to be stuck in the hold, and that is also why I would plan holidays in this country, where they would come with me.
Having said that, I would not object to a small well behaved dog being on a plane with me, but I would not be happy seated with one of dodgy temperament, or being travel sick (or worse), all over me!

There are literally thousands of lovely holiday cottages etc, where pets are welcome nowadays, so that would be my personal choice. They love a change of scene and new smells and adventures just as much as we do, and I would not be selfish enough to stick 'em in kennels, a life they are not used to, just so that I could clear off and enjoy myself. My dogs are MY responsibility, and I don't just dump 'em when it suits.
Excellent post, Mups, I feel exactly the same about my cats.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 11:27 AM

I think its a brilliant idea we already have dogs on trains and as long as the owners pay for the seat "full price" I cannot see a problem. The seats on trains are covered so they can do the same on planes. I have a JR and I am limited to having holidays abroad because I cannot leave her for more than a few days. Has for the cottages in the UK firstly there is no guarantee on warm dry weather which I need and of course the astronomical charges we have to pay for holidaying at home is ridiculous. Would love to take my mutt abroad for a month or so and hopefully it may be happening soon if Ryanair get the go ahead.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 08:20 PM

My dog has terrible flatulence need I say more?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top