Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:00 PM

Re: EU referendum

I also voted 'No' for the Common Market in 1975 feeling we were abandoning our trade with the commonwealth countries and the CM was just a trading organisation then not a 'parliament' dictating laws to all member countries .

I would vote 'No' again now to the EU which has become a bloated gravy train and totally out of control having seemingly forgotten its original function as a trading group long ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I voted 'NO' in the previous referendum in 1976 and I have seen nothing since to change my mind, in fact on the contrary, because of Attilla the hen's signature on the Single European Act Treaty, none of the proposed legislation enacted by Europe has to be debated and voted on by our 'domestic' parliament but is deemed to be automatically incorporated into UK legislation.
Hi

I knew that if I waited long enough I would find that you and Boris were on the same wavelength.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I knew that if I waited long enough I would find that you and Boris were on the same wavelength.

Wash your mouth out with soap & water!!! - I wouldn't p*ss on him if he were on fire!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 01:26 AM

I can see good points and bad points. I'm worried we won't be strong enough on our own but hate the way we're being controlled. I'll sit back and see how things pan out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can see good points and bad points. I'm worried we won't be strong enough on our own but hate the way we're being controlled. I'll sit back and see how things pan out.
Tessa darlin' we won't necessarily be on our own. Before we joined what was then called the Common Market, we were members of a different organisation EFTA - the European Free Trade Association, that organisation still exists and we could possibly rejoin it.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I also voted 'No' for the Common Market in 1975 feeling we were abandoning our trade with the commonwealth countries and the CM was just a trading organisation then not a 'parliament' dictating laws to all member countries .

I would vote 'No' again now to the EU which has become a bloated gravy train and totally out of control having seemingly forgotten its original function as a trading group long ago.
Wot she said!
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:47 AM

The best argument that I have heard for staying in. Who would we blame when things went wrong, if we couldn't blame Europe?

I voted yes to the only time we have had a choice. But that was for a trading agreement without tarriffs or barriers. The yes vote was never intended by the population to give virtually all powers, including the over turning of decisions by the High Ciourt, to faceless wonders who have nothing to do except think up new ways to annoy us !!!.

Arthur
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-10-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
The best argument that I have heard for staying in. Who would we blame when things went wrong, if we couldn't blame Europe?

I voted yes to the only time we have had a choice. But that was for a trading agreement without tarriffs or barriers. The yes vote was never intended by the population to give virtually all powers, including the over turning of decisions by the High Ciourt, to faceless wonders who have nothing to do except think up new ways to annoy us !!!.

Arthur
The European Court of Human Rights is NOT part of the European Union
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The European Court of Human Rights is NOT part of the European Union
Where does its influence over us come from Joe?
Did we join up voluntarily?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 01:49 PM

It won't happen we're in it for good.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top