Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 05:39 AM

Would you do this?

Hi

A woman from Manhattan is suing her nephew after she was injured when the boy greeted her exuberantly at his eighth birthday party.
Sean Tarala is said to have jumped from his new bicycle and leapt into the arms of Jennifer Connell when she arrived at his home.
“All of a sudden he was there in the air, I had to catch him and we tumbled on to the ground,” Ms Connell told a court in Connecticut, four years after the alleged incident took place.
“I remember him shouting, ‘Auntie Jen I love you,’ and there he was flying at me,” she added.
Ms Connell, 54, a human resources manager, has demanded $127,000 in damages for the broken wrist that she sustained. The lawsuit claims that the boy acted unreasonably. She said she did not complain to the boy at the time. “It was his birthday party and I didn’t want to upset him,” she told the court.
Ms Connell acknowledged that the boy had always been very loving and sensitive, but said that the injury had affected her life. “I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said.
“I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walk-up [an apartment] so it has been very difficult . . . And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan.”
The Westport News said that the boy, who is now 12, appeared confused by the case. He was in court with his father, Michael, from Westport. His mother, Lisa, died last year.
Ms Connell claims that her nephew ought to be held responsible for his actions, even if they were accidental, or the product of his youthful exuberance. “The injuries, losses and harms to the plaintiff were caused by the negligence and carelessness of the minor defendant,” her lawyer said.
“A reasonable eight year old should have known that a forceful greeting . . . could cause the harms and losses suffered.”

The poor little lad lost his mother last year and is now faced with this.

It is beyond me why this woman would sue.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 05:58 AM

Re: Would you do this?

It's not beyond me..................it's greed !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 06:39 AM

It's a bit late in the day to be claim from something that happened 4 years ago.. I think she's after the money and more if his wife died!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 07:19 AM

It's the American way. God bless America.
Robertav
Edmonton, canada
Robertav is female  Robertav has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 07:34 AM

Money grab!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:40 AM

She has lost the case - bet she has lost most of her friends and family as well. Serves her right.

America , land of the free, the gun and litigation!

But I am sure there must be some sane and lovely americans out there somewhere.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:42 AM

What a terrible woman.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:55 AM

My first thought was: Does the money actually come from the boy's family bank account or from some public funding?
If it was the latter, they might have hatched a plan to claim what they can and share the money...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My first thought was: Does the money actually come from the boy's family bank account or from some public funding?
If it was the latter, they might have hatched a plan to claim what they can and share the money...
Hi
Absolutely no Public Funding in the USA.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 12:38 PM

Greed knows no bounds it seems!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top