Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Re: i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I fervently hope that this life is all there is and when we die we stay dead.,
We all got our own ideas about it. I don’t think it works quite like that though, great if it did, I believe you have to keep coming back till you get it right, learn to get on with your fellow man/woman, and pay for the wrongs you caused others, we are forced to learn our lessons over and over again, that’s the bit that’s called Hell, Heaven is the bit where you get to rest in peace forever.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We all got our own ideas about it. I don’t think it works quite like that though, great if it did, I believe you have to keep coming back till you get it right, learn to get on with your fellow man/woman, and pay for the wrongs you caused others, we are forced to learn our lessons over and over again, that’s the bit that’s called Hell, Heaven is the bit where you get to rest in peace forever.
Have believed this since my teenage years - word for word
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:10 AM

If that was correct Jem, the world would be a predominently better place as each person tries to make amends for their previous wrong doings.
But that is not the case, it seems there is more hate in the world!
Also, there are more people alive today than who have previously died, where are all the extra souls coming from?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:00 AM

So, if I manage to save thousands on my funeral, will I be able to take it with me?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Who the hell would pay over 10,000 for a funeral?,only those who are rich or daft..I payed up front for My Cremation at a cost of just £3,450... that was for everything including a viewing in the chapel of rest at My Local Funeral Directors..All My Family has to do when the time comes is make a phone-call,the rest has all been decided/sorted.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:37 AM

We have decided to speak to our local funeral director and he said he will beat any funeral plan for cost, funeral plans take into account the inflation over the years and obviously the insurance company has their cut.
Having said that I would be happy with just a basic funeral not a state funeral so we talked at length and decided we don't want any chapel of rest viewing, thereby cutting out embalming etc. we are having no fancy coffins with it made out like a bed, just a body bag in a basic box.
I have requested no black or flowers, I don't see it right that flowers have to die because I have, having said that my wife likes cut flowers.
You will be amazed how much you will save.
Am I a skinflint, I guess I don't like wasting money when unnecessary, let them drink it and enjoy my wake.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
All My Family has to do when the time comes is make a phone-call,the rest has all been decided/sorted.
You mean they're not going to get the message that something (unfortunately) went wrong and they will have to fork out a certain amount of money to send you up to the big cemetery in the sky?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
They aren't likely to waste valuable burial space!
That is true so they will burn me and throw my ashes on their tip but That does not cost me a penny.

Spend your money on toy boys toy girls gambling holidays in the sun or what ever.

Does it matter if you are dead who pays as long as its not you.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 04:25 PM

Both my hubby and I did a funeral plan, all the details of what we want are down, requiem mass, favourite hymns. Being cremated then in the plot chosen. All paid for, the family only have to buy the flowers as I think it will be the last present from them to us.

I don't want my family more upset than they will be. Son will not let me mention this funeral plan, he gets emotional and off out the door, now I never mention it. So like May its only a phone call and everthing will be sorted for them.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 08:26 PM

I'm not even going to think about funerals. there was an advert on TV today saying you shouldn't leave your family to pay for your funeral.

I plan to!! My kids will get a house each and a load of money and several vehicles so the least they can do is pay for my funeral.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top