Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Arena
France
Arena is male  Arena has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Is America right to fear Huawei?.....

So this is taking back our country. Trump says Huawei are bad so we have to scrap the UK installations, costing us billions!
DOH!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Re: Is America right to fear Huawei?.....

It's not Trump that's saying it Arena, he's just following the pack imho. It's the security services of the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada that are all in agreement on this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
It's not Trump that's saying it Arena, he's just following the pack imho. It's the security services of the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada that are all in agreement on this.
Hi

Our Security Services gave them the all clear at the start of this year.

https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-th...ained-11620232
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our Security Services gave them the all clear at the start of this year.

https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-th...ained-11620232
Indeed, but our security services are no longer what they once were. Certainly not when it comes to integrated networks.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Indeed, but our security services are no longer what they once were. Certainly not when it comes to integrated networks.
Hi

Really?

Rather more to do with Trump trying to protect American Jobs.

http://www.talk-finance.co.uk/modern...search-center/

Trump is not our friend, he treats us as idiots.

Hence him refusing to send a dangerous driver back here to face trial.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:32 PM

No. I strongly believe this isn't an American ploy to attract business or to have a dig at China. Apart from anything else there are other manufacturers who are making 5g plant including Nokia and others.

But its more expensive.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:39 PM

I would like to think BJ has the guts to do this without persuasion from the US or anyone else, but sadly he's not man enough!

China has been laying claim to the South China Seas for some time. They are definitely apreading their dirty little yellow wings.

I'm very happy that BJ has sided with the US and Australia. We should be penalising China for the virus. If you consider their military moves outside mainland China, the recent moves in Hong Kong............then look at the virus, you may feel it wasn't accidental. I'm hoping that's too far fetched but China is NOT a country to be trusted.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-07-2020, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I would like to think BJ has the guts to do this without persuasion from the US or anyone else, but sadly he's not man enough!

China has been laying claim to the South China Seas for some time. They are definitely apreading their dirty little yellow wings.

I'm very happy that BJ has sided with the US and Australia. We should be penalising China for the virus. If you consider their military moves outside mainland China, the recent moves in Hong Kong............then look at the virus, you may feel it wasn't accidental. I'm hoping that's too far fetched but China is NOT a country to be trusted.
Hong Kong is absolutely non of our business.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hong Kong is absolutely non of our business.
I think you'll find that the agreement to hand back Hong Kong to China was dependent on certain conditions..........which had been agreed by both parties.

Those conditions were trashed by the Chinese! So it IS the business of the UK !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:23 PM

If it means having 3 million Hongkongers come here ... they can all become Chinese for all I care.

The Falklands was another one that cost us dearly .. and for what? A bunch of islanders.

You can't protect everyone for ever. We're hardly the Great British empire anymore and need to look after ourselves.

As to allegations against China about Covid ... In realistic terms what can you do? Express displeasure? Threaten to cease trading with them and creep back to the EU with a begging bowl?

It's not feasible anymore to threaten another country with retribution ... the world has become too small a place.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top