Join for free
Page 53 of 164 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:37 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What a night! Was supposed to have Vaccine three weeks ago, but something came up so had to cancel. By chance, I was driving past the practice where the Wife and Daughter work when the phone went off, the Daughter said do you want the Jab now, there is a dose left over from the home visits that will go to waste. Ok says I, and turn up there 5 minutes later. Got the Jab, didn't feel a thing, no arm pain no nothing, well it got to 11 o' clock last night so went to bed, couldn't sleep come 12 o' clock just couldn't get warm, had the quilt, a throw over, and Carols housecoat over me, then come 2 o' clock went warm, got up at 3.15am went downstairs, put the fire on and got on the sofa, tossed and turned, arm was hurting slightly, got half hour sleep at 5.30am, and another half hour at 6.15am, pretty cream crackered now, lets hope that is a one off.
Which vaccine did you have Spitty?

Glad you feel better today, maybe take a couple of paracetamol if you still feel uncomfortable.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:47 PM

AstraZeneca Mags, got to go out now so I have primed myself with Paracetamol.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:50 PM

AstraZeneca Mags, got to go out now so I have primed myself with Paracetamol.
Good thinking 👍
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:50 PM

What a night! Was supposed to have Vaccine three weeks ago, but something came up so had to cancel. By chance, I was driving past the practice where the Wife and Daughter work when the phone went off, the Daughter said do you want the Jab now, there is a dose left over from the home visits that will go to waste. Ok says I, and turn up there 5 minutes later. Got the Jab, didn't feel a thing, no arm pain no nothing, well it got to 11 o' clock last night so went to bed, couldn't sleep come 12 o' clock just couldn't get warm, had the quilt, a throw over, and Carols housecoat over me, then come 2 o' clock went warm, got up at 3.15am went downstairs, put the fire on and got on the sofa, tossed and turned, arm was hurting slightly, got half hour sleep at 5.30am, and another half hour at 6.15am, pretty cream crackered now, lets hope that is a one off.
I hope the side effect is done with now. I have heard of a few people who have them. I had one a few days after the jab that felt as if it was flu. It was quite short lived. An early night and OK in the morning.

I hope you are feeling better today. Side-effects (providing not too serious) have got to be better than getting the dreaded Covid-19 virus.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:19 PM

I was booked in for my vaccination (Oxford-AstraZenica) at 11am this morning. Arrived at 1055 to see a long queue outside (in the freezing cold), presumably all booked in for the same time.
It moved quite quickly, though, and when I got in I saw that there must have been nearly a dozen stations. Called to one of them, stripped (well, just down to my short-sleeved shirt), a few questions and the vaccine banged in.
No waiting for 15 minutes in case of reactions, just told to bugger off (politely, of course) and would be called for second dose in 10 to 12 weeks. All very efficient, though. I can see why we are leading the world for numbers vaccinated!
Home now and as for reactions...
nothing...
yet!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:27 PM

Oh... hang on...
NO

still nothing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-02-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I was booked in for my vaccination (Oxford-AstraZenica) at 11am this morning. Arrived at 1055 to see a long queue outside (in the freezing cold), presumably all booked in for the same time.
It moved quite quickly, though, and when I got in I saw that there must have been nearly a dozen stations. Called to one of them, stripped (well, just down to my short-sleeved shirt), a few questions and the vaccine banged in.
No waiting for 15 minutes in case of reactions, just told to bugger off (politely, of course) and would be called for second dose in 10 to 12 weeks. All very efficient, though. I can see why we are leading the world for numbers vaccinated!
Home now and as for reactions...
nothing...
yet!
Good job done, JB, hope all stays ok.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:31 PM

Just got my letter as we were eating lunch. Checked out the local vac centre through Swiftqueue and booked one for 1410 today, no shortage of appointments at the moment by the looks of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good job done, JB, hope all stays ok.
Thank you Mags.
I hope that we all benefit from this well-organised vaccination programme with the minimum of problems.
I have to say that I feel proud to be British when we can accomplish things like this.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-02-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thank you Mags.
I hope that we all benefit from this well-organised vaccination programme with the minimum of problems.
I have to say that I feel proud to be British when we can accomplish things like this.
I have nothing but praise for our NHS and everyone else helping in this mammoth task - they all deserve a medal!

Page 53 of 164 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top