Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 06:16 AM

Re: I have a fox

My son has fox Cubs that come and play in his garden .
They are delightful to watch.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[B]

And your reason?
No reason but is an option open to people who have problems with foxes as they have with Rats or Aphids or mice or ants

Ok I live in London in an area that is more open farm land than houses and have no problem with urban Foxes as they are not a pest...mice are and when they get into my house I kill them

I also have an allotment where we have a fox and a couple of wild cats no problem with them.

Another topic was on how they got rid of Aphids on roses.

Aphids are very benificul to are bird population when feeding their young the chain of life... Foxes are of no importance except they look cute.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 05:30 PM

Not positive, but think the females have finished cubbing by around Feb/March time.

That makes sense,could be why she is around so much looking for food-and yes I do throw chicken carcasses on my lawn.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
That makes sense,could be why she is around so much looking for food-and yes I do throw chicken carcasses on my lawn.
I'm quite happy to see foxes in our garden, but I wish they wouldn't poo here. It stinks.

I used to leave bits of unused food out, but now they can look elsewhere. Now if they could come to some agreement with us...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 05:58 PM

I have heard that fox poo stinks-and it is said to be of a distinctive shape?. So far my vixen has more manners-unlike the cats who visit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 06:03 PM

I have heard that fox poo stinks-and it is said to be of a distinctive shape?. So far my vixen has more manners-unlike the cats who visit.

Their wee and poo smells vile I always think. It's a devil to get the stink out of the dogs coat if they decide to roll in some! Some people say use tomato ketchup on it first (?), anyone ever tried that remedy?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

23-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Their wee and poo smells vile I always think. It's a devil to get the stink out of the dogs coat if they decide to roll in some! Some people say use tomato ketchup on it first (?), anyone ever tried that remedy?
Ok the next time I leave out food maybe a roll of andrex?
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 06:45 PM

In my previous home we had visiting foxes in our back garden. I knew for quite some time there were fox calling on us because of the awful stink.
Then we started seeing them. We never put out food for them; just used to watch them wandering around the garden.
We had lovely little wood mice away at the bottom of the (long) garden, and as long as they stayed there we didn't mind the pretty little mice who dined well on monkey nuts the squirrels dropped from the feeder I'd secured there in a tree.
I do think that in 'lean' times the foxes had the odd mouse. That's life.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Ok the next time I leave out food maybe a roll of andrex?
Good idea. I'll try that.

Or maybe IZAL!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

23-05-2016, 08:35 PM

Just sat here to see my fox running from out of vision in a right scamper-odd as only one cat has been to the pond.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top