Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Re: The fiddling MP's

The report on the fiddling MP's and how much they skimmed will be published today for all to see.

Preliminary reports say it involves over 300 MP's (that's half of them), . . the amount to be paid back by them will be around 1 million but the cost of the inquiry is around 1 million so we will gain nothing except the satisfaction of hearing them moan.

The only one who's made any cash is the guy who was appointed to conduct the inquiry, . . he gets around £130,000 for 9 months work.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 06:43 PM

I`m with Losos--most MPs claimed within the rules. To set new rules retro(shit can I spell this??)-anyway new rules. Is unfair.

Whether the rules were wrong,whether those approving them were at fault is another matter.

And yes I did travel first class in the days I was given temporary promotion as a civil servant
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 05:05 PM

It's all about honour OG, . . and it seems half our MP's don't have any, . . they KNEW they were skimming and thought they'd get off scot-free but justice will be served eventually.

four of them have been charged under the theft act of 1968 and I hope more get charged, . . that greedy lady who made the headlines hasn't been charged yet however. . . She made the biggest claim, it came to over £42,000 . .
It wouldn't be so bad if they had some remorse but they aint, . . all they're doing is moaning, . . those who made excessive claims should be dismissed from the house and never allowed to take any form of public office ever again.

Another thing, . . . most of them have secondary jobs, and more than one job, . . they opted to serve their constituents in parliament so they should devote all their time doing just that, . . it all comes down to pure greed IMO.
nero
Central Scotland

22-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Mr Byers is up for sale, . . give him a phone and put some cash on the table and he'll do a bit of lobbying for you.

Why don't they install stocks outside the houses of parliament where these greedy types can be chained and let the public pelt them with rotten fruit and veg.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top