Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:42 AM

Re: Hands Up! Who Likes Bakewell Tarts?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Art, apologies I missed this post earlier.

No, I've never tried making a Bakewell Tart and am mostly an Artisan bread enthusiast but I do occasionally bake nice treats such as these:

These are Spelt Cantuccinis with cranberries, white chocolate and homemade candied peel. Made with spelt flour rather than the usual plain/self raising baking flour for better nutritional value.

These are Almond Rhondo's which are crumbly/chewy almondy tasting bundles of pure yumminess. Picture here is from a great website which I will mention below.

And these are Sprouted Spelt Cinnamon Rolls, again for added nutrition and I use about 1/4 of the sugar that the recipe calls for as they are plenty sweet enough.

If you love baking new and different things then I recommend you take a look at this website

https://www.weekendbakery.com

It has a great selection of bread recipes and lots of sweet baking treat recipes. They are in the Netherlands so you get some lovely different ideas. Their Christmas recipes are great.

Enjoy.
Thank You for that, Realist. Your cakes/pastries look very healthy. I have made just normal Cinnamon Whirls and Cinnabuns.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Never mind the custard or the sprinkles Angel darlin' - I've been patiently waiting for the postman to deliver my tastable free sample
Yep, UJ, They are on the way. I just set the pigeon off with them strapped to its back!
Keep a lookout for it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They look pretty good to me. I haven't made any before but this thread is inspiring me to try!

Yes please Annie darlin' - I'll be your official taster !!!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yep, UJ, They are on the way. I just set the pigeon off with them strapped to its back!
Keep a lookout for it!
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes please Annie darlin' - I'll be your official taster !!!
Hard luck..... the pigeon got snatched by a falcon, and the tarts were fed to the falcon chicks for dessert.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Art, apologies I missed this post earlier.

No, I've never tried making a Bakewell Tart and am mostly an Artisan bread enthusiast but I do occasionally bake nice treats such as these:

These are Spelt Cantuccinis with cranberries, white chocolate and homemade candied peel. Made with spelt flour rather than the usual plain/self raising baking flour for better nutritional value.

These are Almond Rhondo's which are crumbly/chewy almondy tasting bundles of pure yumminess. Picture here is from a great website which I will mention below.

And these are Sprouted Spelt Cinnamon Rolls, again for added nutrition and I use about 1/4 of the sugar that the recipe calls for as they are plenty sweet enough.

If you love baking new and different things then I recommend you take a look at this website

https://www.weekendbakery.com

It has a great selection of bread recipes and lots of sweet baking treat recipes. They are in the Netherlands so you get some lovely different ideas. Their Christmas recipes are great.

Enjoy.
Those all look delicious, Realist, and thank you for that linky - some lovely recipes there!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am a Bakewell Tart I come from just outside Bakewell
Meg!!! Was so not expecting that from you.
Oh that was FUNNY!!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:30 PM

I have no idea what a Bakewell tart is but I love marzipan and jam.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I have no idea what a Bakewell tart is but I love marzipan and jam.
Then get yourself round to Arts house.... her hens are laying too many eggs, so I am sure she will make you some.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

24-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Then get yourself round to Arts house.... her hens are laying too many eggs, so I am sure she will make you some.
Ok! I’ll book my flight right now then.
I’m sure she won’t mind if I stay for a week or two
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Ok! I’ll book my flight right now then.
I’m sure she won’t mind if I stay for a week or two
She will welcome you... providing you like omelettes

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top