Join for free
Page 3 of 1676 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 09:36 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

ZACKLY!
Which makes 'yuppies' Young Unwanted Posturing Preening Ignorant Enophiles.
[provided the wine in question comes from the southern end of the vinyard,natch]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Never was a wine person meself Pug, I love the Port though.
I got a turn off wine when I was chucked out of a fancy pub in town many years ago. Before the wife and me went out I had been watching Tommy Cooper on TV, he made me laugh in a sketch he was doing in a french cafe where the waiter kept taking up Coopers bottle of wine to show him the label, Cooper was getting annoyed because he couldn't read it, he grabs the bottle and says “Give me my wine, you swine!” Well I had a few earlier pints before we hit the pub and when the wife ordered wine after the meal the waiter held it up for me to see it and I tried the Tommy Cooper line and grabbed the bottle from his hands, “Give me my wine, you swine!” I honestly couldn't resist saying it. He flung me out and told me never to come back again, all my pleas of “I was only joking” fell on deaf ears. The wife never forgave me for that one, can’t say I blame her.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 11:17 PM

Well that wasn't YOUR fault,per-se,Jem. It was merely a flaw in your assumption that everybody must surely know the sketch,that caused that...errm...minor embarrassment,me boyo! And as you say,Mrs Jem has never forgotten that golden moment,though it be lost in the hazy mists of time for everybody else. Ahh,t'is a golden-tongued smoothie,that y'are,to be sure! You kindled the fire of romance,that night....and here y'are,all these years later-still together! [THAT'LL learn ya!]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 11:29 PM

I am experimenting with "Antipatter" just to see what happens.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Well that wasn't YOUR fault,per-se,Jem. It was merely a flaw in your assumption that everybody must surely know the sketch,that caused that...errm...minor embarrassment,me boyo! And as you say,Mrs Jem has never forgotten that golden moment,though it be lost in the hazy mists of time for everybody else. Ahh,t'is a golden-tongued smoothie,that y'are,to be sure! You kindled the fire of romance,that night....and here y'are,all these years later-still together! [THAT'LL learn ya!]
Tis true Pug old son, presumption was me downfall, them was the days when everyone watched TV and talked about it for ages afterwards, long gone now. Them was the days too when if you said ‘Bloody’ on TV the archbishop would be on to the station like a light threatening to have it shut down such was their power back then, today the archbishop is at the receiving end of all the F’s B’s and C’s they churn out of the same station, how things change in your lifetime.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

01-03-2016, 02:40 PM

Well if it helps spitty,I have 'antihandsome' totally NAILED...

Jem,don't fret boyo....these are what todays yoof will consider to be 'the good old days,when y'could....'[insert cherished memory here]

I remember hanging upside down in trees,racing me mate on a home-built bike,whizzing down slopes on a 'cartie',making my first [only!] pair of stilts and meeting my [young teenage] mates on them and starting a trend,legging it off the cliffs in Shetland,never giving a thought to the height or the cold sea,joining my first ship as deck-boy at 15-and lots of other things which to others are of zero interest,but to me,are the pages of a lifetime lived. So,you cherish your memories,Jem.
After all,they're what make you YOU. [see?]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

01-03-2016, 02:53 PM

Oh. It seems I've been banned from most of the other threads I was happily being silly in.......at least,that what the notice that came up says....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 04:26 PM

Pug, just let those Threads Die, and Tap into a new one.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

02-03-2016, 01:40 AM

Hmm....not sure what that was all about-they let me back in...?
ANYWAY...onward,to more interesting things.
I'd like to ask if any of you have ever had anything 'strange' stolen.
Because today,while my car was parked as I did some errands,
.....some prat stole my oil-cap off the engine!

No,I'm not making it up-the sod even left the bonnet up!
It was parked on the front as I went in to sort a birthday surprise for my mate-and when I returned,there was the [screw on] oil cap,gone!
I did all the usual checks as one would,including ensuring no fizzy cola had been poured into the engine-but no...just the oil cap,gone.
Natch,I've done a complete oil/filter change 'just in case',but,wtf?!?!?

Damn my soul,this bloody planet becomes weirder by the day!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-03-2016, 07:56 AM

That's weird, I bet there is a 20/50 chance it's someone you know messing about, if that's the case I'm sure they will Level with you in due course, still, doesn't do to make asSumptions, of course, it could be a toe rag who lost theirs and don't want to Shell out for a new one, bloody Dipsticks.

Page 3 of 1676 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top