Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Re: Broadband help please

Definitely paying too much D00d

You should be able to get phone and broadband deals for about £25-£30 month. You can get broadband on its own for £15 per month.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:33 PM

Thanks all for your input. I've never heard of Zen, but I definitely know them now.

@realspeed ... I like it! Last time I asked for a package at newby price I was told I would lose my existing phone number.

Which begs the question ... does one automatically keep their phone No. and email addy when switching ISPs?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:59 PM

been trying to find out my broadband usage ...

all I get is a green circle: "unlimited"

You don’t have to worry about usage. As your data is unlimited, we’ll never charge you extra for it. Charges for your next bill £0.00

FFS
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Thanks all for your input. I've never heard of Zen, but I definitely know them now.

Does one automatically keep their phone No. and email addy when switching ISPs?
I kept my BT phone number, but I lost my BT email addresses - losing the latter didn't bother me because I've been using Google for years.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:52 AM

I have Post Office Fibre Optic plus unlimited broadband(their faster one) for £22 monthly, with loyal customer discount, including line rental.
It's always worth shopping around. When my contract is up it reverts to full price, so I will ring them again as usual to arrange a discount.
Ideally I'd like Virgin for their whole package, but sadly they're not in my area.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

30-05-2019, 12:14 PM

I'm one of those old gits who believe in old fashion loyalty, and I've been with BT for phone & BB (not their TV package) for as long as I can remember, and I've now decided £44.99/month is a rip off.

Firstly I'm not sure I understand how their competitors operate. I've been told BT own the lines - fibre at our house - and to get a package suitable for less usage at less speed would cost me more not less! If I switched would I be connected to some different cables?

My last quarterly bill was ... £155.70
£134.97 (£44.99 X 3)
£10.50 (BT 1571 Voicemail with BT Call Protect)
£10.23 (calls)
£155.70 .................................................. .........Total

a)Calling Plan Unlimited Weekend Calls
b)Broadband Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited
c)Line Rental is now included in your package

a)I don't need Unlimited Weekend Calls
b)I don't need superfast, I don't need unlimited.

What do you think?
Well, that was a bundle of fun.

Tried unsuccessfully to get a better deal out of BT.

Agreed to a "good" deal with the Post Office.

Got a call from BT, someone prepared to talk business, was offered the above, plus free anytime calls, plus caller display. Total at about £25 instead of about £50. So I'm back with them. Or still with them to be more precise.

Thanks guys.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 12:23 PM

Well, that was a bundle of fun.

Tried unsuccessfully to get a better deal out of BT.

Agreed to a "good" deal with the Post Office.

Got a call from BT, someone prepared to talk business, was offered the above, plus free anytime calls, plus caller display. Total at about £25 instead of about £50. So I'm back with them. Or still with them to be more precise.

Thanks guys.
BT did that to me when I switched to Zen - I told them that they should have come up with the "loyalty" offer earlier rather than later and to stuff it .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Told you so in previous post. Well done

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top