Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 11:58 PM

Re: 'Vote Leave' fined by Electoral Commission

So you have GDP of £ 156,439m in '73 vs £382,818m in 2013 (after adjusting for inflation).
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 12:09 AM

yes but it does guarantee no national borders and bloody good holiday oh and good use of others medical services - come on give em a break??

do you think the muslims will overcome all of Europe??
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes but it does guarantee no national borders and bloody good holiday oh and good use of others medical services - come on give em a break??

do you think the muslims will overcome all of Europe??
Why not? They almost did it before, getting as far as Spain, Italy and Greece. Sound familiar?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oops - 'Vote Leave' have broken electoral laws (what else is new???) and have been investigated, found 'guilty' and fined by the Electoral Commission.
Electoral laws?

Broken?

Ah you mean like when Marsha Jane-Thompson engaged in a bit of election fiddling by registering more than 100 fake voters in the east London borough of Newham.

Then the duplicitous Corbyn appointed her to office as a key member of his Momentum campaign team.

Pretty must sums up the rogues gallery that is Looney Labour

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...for-fraud.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 04:12 AM

Hi

The Electoral Commission was set up to prevent abuse of our Voting System, the basis of Democracy.

It was a response to abuse by the hardcore Left Wing and Radical Muslims to manipulate the system, serious voting fraud and the abuse of postal voting.

The Commissioners are appointed by each Political Party, with a term of 4 years, 2 years in relation to minor Political Parties.

To claim that it is politically motivated is a nonsense.

Parliament, our elected politicians, agreed the Referendum and the rules about Government expenditure on it.

The Electoral Commission set the rules for non Government expenditure, both Leave and Remain.

They also forced the Government to change the wording of the question, which seriously annoyed Cameron and Co.

I find it sad that some accept the abuse of agreed rules as acceptable because it does not fit in with their views.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Electoral Commission was set up to prevent abuse of our Voting System, the basis of Democracy.

It was a response to abuse by the hardcore Left Wing and Radical Muslims to manipulate the system, serious voting fraud and the abuse of postal voting.

The Commissioners are appointed by each Political Party, with a term of 4 years, 2 years in relation to minor Political Parties.

To claim that it is politically motivated is a nonsense.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I suggested it was politically motivated, rather that some members, in public, have indicated bias in favour of Remain which is against their own rules

Parliament, our elected politicians, agreed the Referendum and the rules about Government expenditure on it.

The Electoral Commission set the rules for non Government expenditure, both Leave and Remain.

They also forced the Government to change the wording of the question, which seriously annoyed Cameron and Co.

I think most of us already know how and why it came into being

I find it sad that some accept the abuse of agreed rules as acceptable because it does not fit in with their views.
Nobody is complaining about the acceptance, abuse, or otherwise of agreed rules, but about the fact that when it comes to Brexit the rules seem to apply to only one side.

Despite Remain being reported to them for much the same thing the Commission have consistently refuse to act. When you look at the taxpayers money pumped in to the Governments' campaign to persuade us to stay in the EU a £600,000 overspend is insignificant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Nobody is complaining about the acceptance, abuse, or otherwise of agreed rules, but about the fact that when it comes to Brexit the rules seem to apply to only one side.

Despite Remain being reported to them for much the same thing the Commission have consistently refuse to act. When you look at the taxpayers money pumped in to the Governments' campaign to persuade us to stay in the EU a £600,000 overspend is insignificant.
Hear hear.

That just goes to support the claims made by the 'leavers' support groups.

I am still waiting for the Electoral Commission to show that the claims are unfounded, but I have heard nothing yet. That speaks volumes.

What's more, I can't believe that some other government authorities are completely unbiased with regard to Brexit.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So you have GDP of £ 156,439m in '73 vs £382,818m in 2013 (after adjusting for inflation).
1973 as my country was just picking its self off its knees and no thanks to the Unions but more thanks to Maggie.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
1973 as my country was just picking its self off its knees and no thanks to the unions but more thanks to maggie.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 06:14 AM

Seems we might have to have a rerun of the referendum!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8451136.html

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top