Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 01:59 AM

Re: Do you have a favourite soap?

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I would hate to be Realist............do I have to add anything to that comment ?

Eastenders..............but even that winds me up much of the time.

OK I'll play...............Knights Castille.
Shhh - he only THINKS he's real?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I will continue to use my soap, it makes my skin happy for over 60 years now, and no ill effects at all.
Why would I ever go to all the trouble of making soap when I should be concerned over ingredients in foods, or other truly immediate issues.

I never saw a death certificate with cause of death...soap

All things in moderation.
None of us are getting out alive anyway so I shall continue to use blue pears .
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:51 PM

I have decided, in view of Realist's comments, to put my whole body and being, in the hands of The Soap Queen! I'll let you know my fate, should I proceed with it!

Coconut and palm oil both give the soap firmness. Olive oil gives soap a mild and creamy lather. Coconut oil is very cleansing in nature, and gives the soap a large lather. A very common soaping recipe is 33% coconut oil, 34% olive oil and 33% palm oil.

https://www.soapqueen.com/...soap/ba...-process-soap/
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:57 PM

Imperial Leather (I wonder why it's leather)
the original flavour, but it does seem to disintergrate quicker these days, so does Pears.
My special treat soap is one of nice smelly ones from Homesense (Tk Maxx) in a pretty box.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Whatever is on offer as long as its not too perfumed, I'm not a creature of habit with products I swap and change.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:10 AM

I use Simple soap bars (I think that's what it's called).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:24 AM

Although I use an organic shower gell, for hand soaps I'm not that bothered, mostly either Dove liquid or Carex or similar anti-bac for the kitchen will do.

The reason I am not bothered about chemicals much in hand soaps is because they are washed off straightaway, within seconds.

What I am more careful with is things like body creams, moisturisers, deodorants, hand creams etc, things that are rubbed in and stay on my skin all day.

Same with toothpastes, I do not like the thought of the chemicals in my mouth, and I don't like the sweet taste of alot of toothpastes anyway.

We've each got to do what suits us, not what suits somebody else.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Although I use an organic shower gell, for hand soaps I'm not that bothered, mostly either Dove liquid or Carex or similar anti-bac for the kitchen will do.

The reason I am not bothered about chemicals much in hand soaps is because they are washed off straightaway, within seconds.

What I am more careful with is things like body creams, moisturisers, deodorants, hand creams etc, things that are rubbed in and stay on my skin all day.

Same with toothpastes, I do not like the thought of the chemicals in my mouth, and I don't like the sweet taste of alot of toothpastes anyway.

We've each got to do what suits us, not what suits somebody else.

Agreed

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top