Join for free
Page 13 of 27 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:11 PM

Re: Pies, pies and more pies

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Ok, I thought this thread was about pies. Who cares if different countries say things different.
When I think of pie I think of steak and kidney or chicken and mushroom

Sweet ones that we would eat are apple pie or lemon meringue pie. But I think in the US they call most puddings pies. Apparently pudding is all about sausages. Hence we have black pudding!

I am sure UJ has a perfect recipe which includes black pudding. In fact UJ I think you should write a "politically incorrect cookbook" of your recipes. I think you'd make a mint (which of course you could donate to worthy social causes).
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
When it's served as a first course, with gravy, it's still a pudding .....

And when served after the main course with jam, its still a pudding
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If one eats a 'chocolate brownie' after a main meal, is that not a 'pudding'???
I think thats called duff

Well in this house it is
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I think thats called duff

Well in this house it is
haha I just looked this up and up the duff means being "in the pudding club" another term for having a bun in the oven. This site is so educational!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:09 PM

Maybe we should think about a pudding club thread?
UJ where are you?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 04:49 AM

I had hoped to discuss American pies and post a number of recipes, but it seems like most people would rather talk about puddings. So, I'll bow out.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I had hoped to discuss American pies and post a number of recipes, but it seems like most people would rather talk about puddings. So, I'll bow out.
Never mind the nay slayers Bakerman.
There are plenty of people interested in your pie recipes.
Dont focus on the negative.
Think pies

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D1ECD164-B23E-4311-AC8D-8276510AB7F9.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	6781  
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:03 AM

I am considering and have asked permission to start an American-style cookery self-mod thread. If I do that, we could discuss all manner of American cooking from Italian to Chinese, to Mexican, and naturally, good, old-fashioned, American cooking. From soups to breads to desserts.

The emphasis would be on how Americans cook the foods of the world. The Italians, of course, invented the pizza, but Americans took pizza to a different level.

There are many different cooking regions within the U.S. and, hopefully we could discuss different styles of creativity.

One thing I strongly believe in, and that is there is no such thing as THE recipe. There is only one thing which matters, personal taste.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am considering and have asked permission to start an American-style cookery self-mod thread. If I do that, we could discuss all manner of American cooking from Italian to Chinese, to Mexican, and naturally, good, old-fashioned, American cooking. From soups to breads to desserts.

The emphasis would be on how Americans cook the foods of the world. The Italians, of course, invented the pizza, but Americans took pizza to a different level.

There are many different cooking regions within the U.S. and, hopefully we could discuss different styles of creativity.

One thing I strongly believe in, and that is there is no such thing as THE recipe. There is only one thing which matters, personal taste.
That sounds like a great idea, Bakerman, look forward to participating - and learning new recipes!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That sounds like a great idea, Bakerman, look forward to participating - and learning new recipes!
I agree go for it Bakerman But why not make it cooking from around the world...encouraging recipes from others too ?

Page 13 of 27 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top