Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:52 PM

EU ups the VAT on energy saving measures

We will no longer pay 5 per cent VAT to insulate our homes because the EU are ruling it should be 20 per cent VAT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...nsulation.html
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Re: EU ups the VAT on energy saving measures

Hi Patsy, it's not just VAT, I read an article not so long back that stated the EU energy companies were ripping off British customers by charging them more for usage than their European counterparts, I will try and find it and post a link.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:18 PM

Its a bit much when we are supposed to be conserving energy
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie ->
Hi Patsy, it's not just VAT, I read an article not so long back that stated the EU energy companies were ripping off British customers by charging them more for usage than their European counterparts, I will try and find it and post a link.

That wouldn't surprise me. I've felt for long time that high UK energy prices set by European owned energy suppliers are being used to subsidise those customers in their respective countries.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That wouldn't surprise me. I've felt for long time that high UK energy prices set by European owned energy suppliers are being used to subsidise those customers in their respective countries.
Me too - its not the only thing we seem to pay more for either
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Found it, although its a few years old, I can't imagine they've seen the light and reduced prices for British customers too:

FOREIGN-owned energy firms are hammering UK customers with much bigger price rises than in their own countries,

While British families are reeling from bills rocketing more than 20%, customers in the energy giants’ home nations have seen rises nearer half that figure.

The massive difference has led to concern that European firms are happy to batter their UK customers to protect those at home.

Four of the Big Six energy firms – Scottish Power, EDF Energy, E.ON and npower – are in foreign hands.

A Mirror investigation has found their owners have passed on much smaller price increases this year in their home countries. In many cases the difference is shockingly stark.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-hit-uk-86677
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2016, 03:10 PM

You know Rosie, I said to Fabs this morning - it seems like the EU want to see us go under, they want to bleed us dry .......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:15 PM

I am getting my whole loft insulated for £49.99 in a few weeks. I hope this doesn't affect the price.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2016, 03:17 PM

You may be just in time - hope so
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire

20-02-2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You know Rosie, I said to Fabs this morning - it seems like the EU want to see us go under, they want to bleed us dry .......
Yup and it doesn't help when we are known in the trade as 'Treasure Island'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top