Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:22 PM

Re: Which one is the Gentleman?

Sounds a bit like your average forum then doesn't it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds a bit like your average forum then doesn't it
It does doesn't it Morty
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:37 PM

I never thought politicians were gentlemen anyway it doesn't go with the territory .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:40 PM

In PMQ's it seems to me that the leader of the Opposition only gets to ask 6 questions (?) Cameron avoids answering as much as possibly and often either answers a totally different question (one that he's probably heard in his head) or answers with an attack on the Opposition, usually stupid jibes like the one mentioned.
As it's supposed to be his time to answer questions, I wish the Speaker would make him stand there until he answers the question adequately, saving the need for Mr. Corbyn to waste questions by repeating them.
I'd also like the PMQ's to be longer. A lot of the time is wasted by his own backbenchers "asking questions" which begin, "Will the Prime minister join me in congratulating..." sycophantic rubbish.
I get fed up with these type of responses:
" Will the Prime Minister tell us how much has been spent on pears this year and what has the government done to reduce this?"
Reply, " What we have done is given more oranges to the trees, more plums to the duff and more cherries to the cake..."
No question Mr.Corbyn is the only gentleman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:40 PM

Hi

The House of Commons is like a school playground, it soon degenerates into " My dad is bigger than your dad"

Corbyn is not as egalitarian as he tries to make out.

Far from having a normal education, he went to a fee paying prep school and Adams Grammar School is not your average Grammar School.

How many local Grammar Schools do you know who have fee paying boarders and day pupils?

A right bunch of Hurray Henry's.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:42 PM

I quite like DC.
There, I've said it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The House of Commons is like a school playground, it soon degenerates into " My dad is bigger than your dad"

Far from having a normal education, he went to a fee paying prep school and Adams Grammar School is not your average Grammar School.

How many local Grammar Schools do you know who have fee paying boarders and day pupils?

How strange that having had such an advantage himself he fell out with the second Mrs Corbyn over sending his son to a private school/grammar school ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:49 PM

None of this matters, once you needed a person to take the minutes, now you need a person to count them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
David Cameron comes from a privileged background went to a public school, married into the aristocracy, acts with abysmally bad manners and hostility in Parliament, and hurls personal insults at the Opposition.

Jeremy Corbyn comes from an ordinary background, went to a grammar school, married commoners, acts with courtesy and restraint in Parliament, and never indulges in personal insults.

Which one is the gentleman?
The gentleman is the one who always carries a handkerchief in his jacket pocket . . . imo.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Too true. I'm glad you pointed that out ... I believe his mother's family were fairly well off.
This is the modest two-up two-down from his boyhood days... with the usual chippy on the corner where the rag and bone man probably trundled past every week.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top