Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:13 AM

Bye Bye IDS

Who'd have thought it????

Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has resigned over "indefensible" changes to disability benefits.
It comes amid mounting controversy over £4bn of planned cuts to Personal Independence Payments (PIP), expected to affect 640,000 people.
Mr Duncan Smith said the cuts were a "compromise too far" in a Budget that "benefits higher earning taxpayers".
Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "puzzled and disappointed" that Mr Duncan Smith had resigned.
Earlier, a government source indicated the changes were going to be "kicked into the long grass".
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:31 AM

Re: Bye Bye IDS

Good news.
Now he will be able to concentrate on Breksit from the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687
You know what that says to me?
It says that there is at least one MP who has concerns for others rather than himself.

Of course, Dopey is 'puzzled and disappointed' at this news, but then he's a bit thick isn't he?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 05:29 AM

IDS may have departed, but there will be another one all ready to take up the reigns.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You know what that says to me?
It says that there is at least one MP who has concerns for others rather than himself.

Of course, Dopey is 'puzzled and disappointed' at this news, but then he's a bit thick isn't he?
Hi

Very well put JBR.

I must admit he surprised me, but all credit to him.

His letter makes it perfectly clear that the final straw was Osborne pulling the rabbit out of the hat about Capital Gains Tax Cuts on Budget day, something that he had kept very quiet.

I do think that it is unfair for Labour to criticise him in the way that they have, we need more people with a conscience in Parliament.

Cameron's letter in response is like a spoilt brat's," Mummy, that boy has been horrible to me."

It says far more about him than it does about Duncan Smith.

The fact remains that we are still spending far more than we earn, £70 billion this year and this money has to be found from somewhere.

This inevitably means tax rises as well as cuts.

It also means scrapping grandiose projects that we cannot afford, like HS2 and others.

It means efficiency in Central Government.

They could start by slaughtering the sacred cow which is the NHS.

This would mean demolishing the vast layers of bureaucracy that it has, bringing all catering, cleaning and maintenance contracts back inside the NHS and out of the hands of contractors, abolishing it's so called Internal Market and saving several £Billion by doing so.

The NHS could then get back to what it is supposed to be, a Health Service, not an out of control bureaucracy.

Dopey Dave will of course not do this, so we are where we are.

The alternative to Dopey Dave not getting a grip on things is that Corbyn gets in, and that would be a disaster.

His politics are the same as those of Greece, and look where they are, having to cut Pensions by 20%, a real basket case.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:25 AM

Come on Joe where are you?
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:41 AM

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 08:49 AM

One prat down, many more to go
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 08:51 AM

....and there he is!...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 08:53 AM

He would probably have been sacked after the referendum, think he is taking the chance to stick the knife in early. And he has now grown a conscience, i doubt it myself, i think the gruesome twosome will install an even nastier clone into the position.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top