Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 02:24 PM

Re: Bye Bye IDS

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well if IDS is positioning himself for the future, he is delusional.

He has been PM once, it was a disaster, he won't be there again.

Talking about Boris, he has an opinion on everything and has not been out of the news,

Strange that he should have not said anything about this.

Boris is positioning himself most definitely.

His friends the Quataris are pulling his strings.
PM? Was he not Leader of the Conservatives in opposition?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 02:46 PM

It's some young guy called Stephen Crabb who's taking his place, hope he does the job better and doesn't just carry on like IDS..
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had to laugh at someone on FB who posted, "Has he had a visit from three ghosts in the night?"
Like it!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
PM? Was he not Leader of the Conservatives in opposition?
Hi

Yes, sorry
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's some young guy called Stephen Crabb who's taking his place, hope he does the job better and doesn't just carry on like IDS..

So visiting the Jobcentreplus offices will give you a dose of the Crabbs!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Like it!

Me too !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So visiting the Jobcentreplus offices will give you a dose of the Crabbs!!!
That's a good 'un too
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 04:38 PM

When I first heard the news I thought he may still have a shred of integrity left. Having read some of the posts here I begin to wonder.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
When I first heard the news I thought he may still have a shred of integrity left. Having read some of the posts here I begin to wonder.
Hi

The man is being trashed by the Tory Right Wing and the Labour Left Wing.

He can't win.

Not all Labour MPs are so vitriolic.

Labour MP Frank Field, who chairs the Commons work and pensions committee, earlier told BBC Radio Four's Today programme that Iain Duncan Smith thought the "social contract between generations" was "being broken".

Behind this is a much, much bigger drama of which Iain was the driver... What he crucially cared about was the balance of resources going to families and children and older people. The pensioner element, the biggest part of the Budget, was safeguarded and in fact increased. And therefore all these cuts were on people of working age and it's this point that Iain thinks the social contract between generations is being broken."

IDS also criticised the fact that wealthy pensioners were not being means tested for Benefits, whilst the most vulnerable are being cut.

Nothing wrong with that.

We have pensioners who in Winter cannot afford to turn the heating on, whilst pensioners who pay Higher rate Tax get Fuel Allowance.

This is a nonsense and he objected to it.

He also objected to the fact that Higher Rate Tax payers pay reduced NI Contributions and also get 40% Tax Relief on Pension Contributions, not the 20% the majority of Tax Payers get.

All of which makes sense.

i find it surprising the amount of hate and nastiness that is about.

You may not have liked the man, but a Tory rebel, who argued against hitting the most vulnerable, has left the Cabinet.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The man is being trashed by the Tory Right Wing and the Labour Left Wing.

He can't win.

Not all Labour MPs are so vitriolic.

Labour MP Frank Field, who chairs the Commons work and pensions committee, earlier told BBC Radio Four's Today programme that Iain Duncan Smith thought the "social contract between generations" was "being broken".

Behind this is a much, much bigger drama of which Iain was the driver... What he crucially cared about was the balance of resources going to families and children and older people. The pensioner element, the biggest part of the Budget, was safeguarded and in fact increased. And therefore all these cuts were on people of working age and it's this point that Iain thinks the social contract between generations is being broken."

IDS also criticised the fact that wealthy pensioners were not being means tested for Benefits, whilst the most vulnerable are being cut.

Nothing wrong with that.

We have pensioners who in Winter cannot afford to turn the heating on, whilst pensioners who pay Higher rate Tax get Fuel Allowance.

This is a nonsense and he objected to it.

He also objected to the fact that Higher Rate Tax payers pay reduced NI Contributions and also get 40% Tax Relief on Pension Contributions, not the 20% the majority of Tax Payers get.

All of which makes sense.

i find it surprising the amount of hate and nastiness that is about.

You may not have liked the man, but a Tory rebel, who argued against hitting the most vulnerable, has left the Cabinet.

Thank you for that it was genuinely appreciated.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top