Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 06:28 PM

Re: Are they Future leaders

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
From what i've seen on the news Trump spouts hatred , What he said about punishing women for having abortions ,is so wrong . It would be a disaster for America for many reasons . I would think it would be like turning the clock back 70 + years .

Boris comes across as a down to earth man , Ive not heard much from him on the news prior to him saying he wants out of the EU.
If he does run for PM , then it would depend on what he stands for whether i vote for him or not ..
Boris 'seems' OK .............
Just can't imagine him having discussions with world leaders, I mean would they really understand him ? Would they be able to keep a straight face ? I don't know, I just hope someone good will suddenly appear from the back ...........
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not being Scottish, I know very little about Nicola Sturgeon, but I have met Jeremy Corbyn on several occasions and he seems a pleasant man. I don't always agree with some of his policies, but on the whole he's far, far better than the 'nasty party' ever knew how to be.
I wont argue against the tories, but corbyn does not inspire at all we need a real change but i dont think corbyn will ever provide it
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Accdoring to to days News Papers, Boris Johnson is the favourite candidnate for Prime Minister of UK.
And Donald Trump is racing ahead to be President of U S of A.
It seems they are chosen for their personality, but are either of them fit to run a Country?

No doubt Boris has charisma and is very popular with the ladies

What has Donald Trump got apart from money and business expertise

They do both have "The gift of the Gab. But.. Is that enough?
By today's standards, unfortunately, it is Azure.

Apathy has wiped out the mandate we all had which generations before us laid down everything, including their lives to ensure we had this only for 20th Century Generations, hooked on Consumerism to virtually give it all away for a pocket full of mumbles, to quote The Boxer / Simon & Garfunkel.

Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. stevmk2
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:14 PM

Where have all those fine upstanding men and women gone to?.
They wanted to become MP's to make this Country a better place for all it's Citizens. Now soon after they become MP's they want the most expensive Car and a Mansion and stay at the Best Hotels and eat in the most expensive Restaurants as well...... 'Delusions of Granduer'
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
By today's standards, unfortunately, it is Azure.

Apathy has wiped out the mandate we all had which generations before us laid down everything, including their lives to ensure we had this only for 20th Century Generations, hooked on Consumerism to virtually give it all away for a pocket full of mumbles, to quote The Boxer / Simon & Garfunkel.

Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. stevmk2
I agree stevmk2. You are so right
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 10:43 AM

Boris for PM? No way. Look what he has done to London and its transport system.
Because of his love for bicycles, the roads are gridlocked daily, and no one is going anywhere.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:07 PM

Blimey people are you STILL held under the conditioning spell thinking that one leader is different to another?! Unbelievable. Voting is a farcical exercise to appease the, frankly dim and weak minded populous. The true leaders are unseen and will continue to run the country (and the world) no matter who is elected as PM or POTUS. Stop arguing amongst yourselves about who is good, who is bad. It makes no difference. They are ALL just applying for a puppet job for the benefits and backhanders and other "special rewards" that come with the job, but make no mistake, the employer is and always will be the same, and you don't get to vote for that employer and you don't get to influence how the country is run.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think I feel safer with boris than trump but that's all I can say about them as they certainly don't inspire me to think they will be great leaders.
Don't think they are running for election in the same country.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Eliza darlin' - we know what Boris stands for - he's a member of the Bullington club, like Cameron is too and is a member of the 'nasty party' - 'nuff said???
Wish it was NUFF said by you.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-04-2016, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Blimey people are you STILL held under the conditioning spell thinking that one leader is different to another?! Unbelievable. Voting is a farcical exercise to appease the, frankly dim and weak minded populous. The true leaders are unseen and will continue to run the country (and the world) no matter who is elected as PM or POTUS. Stop arguing amongst yourselves about who is good, who is bad. It makes no difference. They are ALL just applying for a puppet job for the benefits and backhanders and other "special rewards" that come with the job, but make no mistake, the employer is and always will be the same, and you don't get to vote for that employer and you don't get to influence how the country is run.
As you seem to be 'In the know'
Could you please inform us dim and weak minded people who the True Real Leaders are, if the Leaders they are not elected by the majority.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top