Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Re: Developing artifical intelligence

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I posted a thread about robots the other day. Perhaps you didn't see it Bakerman, here is the link, it's very disturbing. This robot has gained CITIZENSHIP in Saudi Arabia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ox6H64yu8
Her eyes are dead, you can tell she isn't human.

Some time ago I watched the film AI, it was a sad film & I could never understand how the robot boy could last intact & as new, over all the centuries he lived through.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 07:05 PM

Yes, I also saw AI years ago. I don't recall much about it but I do remember that I felt a deep sadness and that I walked out of the movie.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, I also saw AI years ago. I don't recall much about it but I do remember that I felt a deep sadness and that I walked out of the movie.
He was searching for the Blue Fairy, after his family rejected him.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:27 AM

Interesting ! Now, if we can combine Alexa with "Sophia" the android and then have her actually do things, that would be fantastic.

I saw a different Japanese android on video and she was rather cheeky.

The interviewer said: "I was hoping we could get together for lunch during our interview"

Female android: "Well, what's stopping you ?"

Ha Ha
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-07-2018, 11:07 AM

I think she's creepy, like those china dolls & re-borns.
bakerman
Mexico

25-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think she's creepy, like those china dolls & re-borns.

That"s, interesting. Why creepy ? Actually I think it would give people a 2nd option. Instead of choosing a human mate, we could choose an android.

Just think of the possibilities. No chance of betrayal. No lies. No cheating. No alimony. No confusing double -talk. And when you needed peace and quiet, it would be a simple matter of ordering the android to be quiet. Just think, if a guy asked "What's wrong , honey ?" She would never shout "NOTHING" as she flounced out of the room.

I saw a video about British men who choose to have "relationships" with an android female. Those guys talked about "our relationship".

Each year we seem to be getting closer and closer to "life-like". I think the day is fast approaching.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 12:20 PM

These marriages or relationships are all about control, bakerman, not sharing, control.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
That"s, interesting. Why creepy ? Actually I think it would give people a 2nd option. Instead of choosing a human mate, we could choose an android.

Just think of the possibilities. No chance of betrayal. No lies. No cheating. No alimony. No confusing double -talk. And when you needed peace and quiet, it would be a simple matter of ordering the android to be quiet. Just think, if a guy asked "What's wrong , honey ?" She would never shout "NOTHING" as she flounced out of the room.

I saw a video about British men who choose to have "relationships" with an android female. Those guys talked about "our relationship".

Each year we seem to be getting closer and closer to "life-like". I think the day is fast approaching.
Look at her eyes, there is no soul there. I am not religious but real people look alive.
Those relationships are weird to say the least, the men must be deranged.
Just my opinion, but not for me even if they made a male version,
Why haven't they made a male robot. Good looking with a six pack. Probably because it was men who made her.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 04:29 PM

Just do an Internet search for male robots.
bakerman
Mexico

25-07-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
These marriages or relationships are all about control, bakerman, not sharing, control.

Perhaps you are right about the control aspect. However, many men have no "relationship" at all. Some don't want a relationship with a human female. A "relationship" with an android is infinitely better than no relationship at all.

Ultimately, such an android, is nothing different than a machine, a car for instance. Does anyone ever consider what a car "wants" ? No, of course not. A car is there to service our needs. And you already know how men feel about their cars. Men, most men, take good care of their car. They wax and polish it. Tune it up. keep it clean. Fiddle with it until it functions just the way they want. It's almost love.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top