Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:21 PM

Issues after the site has moved to a new server

Last night when I was at work I couldn't get on the forum due to a new server being fitted.
Today I still can't access the forum on my phone as I get the same message but going to my desktop PC everything is fine.
How odd is that?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Re: Issues after the site has moved to a new server

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Last night when I was at work I couldn't get on the forum due to a new server being fitted.
Today I still can't access the forum on my phone as I get the same message but going to my desktop PC everything is fine.
How odd is that?
Should you have been trying to access the forum when you were at work?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:26 PM

Hi Floydy I think something happened with the server last night, pressing 'refresh' on your PC should update things I can't say what to do on a smart phone I don't have one
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Should you have been trying to access the forum when you were at work?
Yes, why not?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-08-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Floydy I think something happened with the server last night, pressing 'refresh' on your PC should update things I can't say what to do on a smart phone I don't have one
Thanks Meg. Yes, my PC workls fine with it, it's my phone.
I'll look at my settings and perhaps log off and on again. See if that helps
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:32 PM

I logged on at 11pm last night.
Only 3 online, so I guessed there had been a glitch. I see on my phone today, Google is having problems.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I logged on at 11pm last night.
Only 3 online, so I guessed there had been a glitch. I see on my phone today, Google is having problems.
It might be Google then. I've fiddled about with my phone and this forum is still experiencing those 'server issues'. Another forum I belong to is fine
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:42 PM

It might be Google then. I've fiddled about with my phone and this forum is still experiencing those 'server issues'. Another forum I belong to is fine
How bizarre. Try clearing some history Floydy. That works for me on my phone sometimes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-08-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How bizarre. Try clearing some history Floydy. That works for me on my phone sometimes.
It's back! I deleted the OFF icon from my home screen, restarted my phone and added it again. All as it should be.

Thanks Sweetie Pie
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-08-2018, 03:46 PM

It's back! I deleted the OFF icon from my home screen, restarted my phone and added it again. All as it should be.

Thanks Sweetie Pie
Great. Get posting your music stuff.
I know that makes you happy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top