Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Re: Missy in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you have any pets Missy ?
We have Arthur the cat in my avatar

We have a pond full of fish

10 laying hens and 2 ducks

Last year we also had a wild rabbit who I hand reared but she was wild and went back to it

Ive also been known to foster the odd dog till a home gets found for them. We always have had dogs in the past- cocker spaniels, but after I lost Alfie 2 years ago I decided no more, I cant take the heart ache of saying goodbye

This is why I took on a cat and why Arthur was the one for us. I love him dearly but I don't have that strong connection that I have had with dogs. I think its because he's so independent and only comes looking me when he wants feeding, where as my dogs have always been an extension of me in a way
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hi Missy, How do you keep fit? Hike, swim, jog, dance.
I wouldn't say I was fit by any stretch of the imagination

Earlier this year I was talked into doing what was supposed to be a 5km charity walk. Turned out it was 5 miles. Hottest day of the year and my legs were jelly come the finish

Since that day I now walk regularly at least 5 nights a week and usually around the 5 mile mark.

My walking pal and myself are now thinking we will have to sign up for the gym as already the nights are closing in on us and country lanes aren't ideal for walking the best of times, in the dark its down right madness

I do have a bike and now and then ( not often enough) ma and Mr Missy go out for a cycle. Its very very hilly here so it really is a good work. out
Mel15
Nowhere

10-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Missy, what is your favourite dinner?
Something I haven't cooked

I say that because I rarely get someone to cook a meal for me and no matter how bad a cook they may be, I always enjoy it because I didn't cook it

I think I love my roast dinners, roast chicken and all the trimmings, but I also love a good curry and fish and chips as well and truth is, Ill probably eat more of a curry or fish and chips then I would a roast
Mel15
Nowhere

10-08-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Missy what was your last job before you retired - or your present job if you aren't retired.

I cant see that I will ever retire, not that I cant, I just cant see why I need to

I stopped working full time when I was 36 due to health and since then I have had a variety of jobs, and I mean a variety

Right now I work in a factory processing vegetables

Well factory sounds dead posh. It a tin barn type structure in the middle of a field Boiling hot in the summer, freezing in the winter. Its wet and its heavy work and on days like today its never ending. But its good fun, its 2 miles from my house and it pays the same as any other jobs around these parts so it suits me fine. Plus I get the added bonus of all my veg and potatoes, peeled and prepared free of charge
Mel15
Nowhere

10-08-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Missy

I have just been looking at some pics of the Glens of Antrim and the area is indeed beautiful.

Do you have a favourite spot you like to visit?
Oh my, theres so many places here that are just stunning its impossible to pick just one

Anywhere along the coastal route as long as you avoid Portrush ( thats a hole )

Some of my favourite places are Genarriff , Cushendun, Carnlough, Ballintoy, Ballentrae ,White Park Bay, Ballycastle, Mallen Point, Mussenden Temple, Castlerock, really far too many places to mention

Best thing to do is come over and see for yourself
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Hi Missy, do you go on holiday abroad? If so, what Country do you like most and do you sit around the Pool or Beach or do you like Siteseeing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Hello again - are you a reader and, if so, do you have a favourite genre/author?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:32 PM

Hi Missy

I see you like to cook. What is your speciality?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Hi Missy,

Are you into the Spirit World, and I don't mean Alcohol!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:45 PM

Hiya Missy... to me, you always come across as full of energy, very competent and gets on with stuff, no messing. (Those are compliments BTW).

What's the most madcap or out of character thing you've ever done?

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top