Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

14-08-2018, 12:11 PM

Tarot readings

I am often surprised at the number of people who want to rely on tarot readings in making decisions. My feeling is that they are only a form of auto suggestion, and can therefore fit almost any scenario in the mind of the beholder.

What are your views on tarot readings and why?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Re: Tarot readings

For me they fall into the same category as astrology, what is said could apply to many people and people 'hear what they want to hear' and forget the rest.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:05 PM

What Meg said.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:11 PM

Ive had tarot readings done for me by friends in the past and Ive found them to be open to interpretation as you see fit..some things in them are accurate and I do enjoy seeing what comes up in the cards.
I also have an Oracle book which I use on occassion ...Im quite aware that lots think its a load of "tosh" lol but each to their own..
I always enjoyed the "Mystic Meg" tent at funfairs too..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
I am often surprised at the number of people who want to rely on tarot readings in making decisions. My feeling is that they are only a form of auto suggestion, and can therefore fit almost any scenario in the mind of the beholder.

I agree with you orangutan in that the meanings are so general that they can be deciphered in any way the reader or listener wishes.

I was told by a Reader once that my card was the Queen of Cups
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I agree with you orangutan in that the meanings are so general that they can be deciphered in any way the reader or listener wishes.

I was told by a Reader once that my card was the Queen of Cups
Hi

Have you had implants?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Have you had implants?
Men!
Tsk..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Silly nonsense, which takes in the gullible.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 01:44 PM

I don't believe in anything supernatural. Which is how I would classify that, the FSM, all gods...........etc
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Like Astrology, Tarot cards are generalised, all-purpose drivel that endlessly entertain the credulous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top