Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 01:19 PM

Re: Stunned

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
My wife is totally deaf too Steve and I am her full time unpaid carer, I do know what you are going through with this stressfull situation.
Deafness affects both people to an equal degree in a close relationship.
As to your move I can only add to the same comments that have been made already....please take your time and only commit to your new property when it is perfect for your needs, you cannot afford to worry about the people you have promised to sell to .... You and your wife must come first !

I do agree Malcolm.
Some posts have impressed the importance of the gentleman's agreement kind of thing, being honourable and so on, and I do understand that point of view.
But even more strongly I feel that they've been rushed into this and possibly need more time.
There's no shame whatever in pulling out.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I do agree Malcolm.
Some posts have impressed the importance of the gentleman's agreement kind of thing, being honourable and so on, and I do understand that point of view.
But even more strongly I feel that they've been rushed into this and possibly need more time.
There's no shame whatever in pulling out.
You, of course, are absolutely correct
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 03:10 PM

My wife is totally deaf too Steve and I am her full time unpaid carer, I do know what you are going through with this stressful situation.
Deafness affects both people to an equal degree in a close relationship.
As to your move I can only add to the same comments that have been made already....please take your time and only commit to your new property when it is perfect for your needs, you cannot afford to worry about the people you have promised to sell to .... You and your wife must come first !
I appreciate your advice and support Malcolm, particularly as you have insight into what our lives are actually like on a day-to-day basis.

For all intents and purposes, I am virtually dependent on my wife now and that puts pressure on her that I never expected and I do feel so helpless at times because she suffers as much as I do.

There is nothing that I can do though and it is so frustrating when she breaks down and I still cannot hear her well enough to help.
You've been there I'm sure so I don't need to elaborate.

My thanks too to Ruthio - you hit the nail square-on for me and I must put my wife and me first as you rightly say.
Thank You. stevmk2
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 03:37 PM

I really hope that things get sorted out for you soon Steve my very best regards to you both
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 04:01 PM

I really hope that things get sorted out for you soon Steve my very best regards to you both
Wot he said -)
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 05:17 PM

Just had an alert from an agent on a bungalow we already know about from our agent - calls it detached - it isn't.

Says that it's charming - it isn't.

Says mature garden - it's a tip!

Worst thing is that they have been talked into having a dirty, great Gas boiler on the living room wall!

It looks ghastly.

Moving along..................stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Just had an alert from an agent on a bungalow we already know about from our agent - calls it detached - it isn't.

Worst thing is that they have been talked into having a dirty, great Gas boiler on the living room wall!

It looks ghastly.

All in the best possible taste I'd say.......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

It looks ghastly.

you do now that most agents lie through their backsides - apologizes to any good retired ones here!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

15-08-2015, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
All in the best possible taste I'd say.......
Whoah!
Shades of old Kenny Everett there plantman! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

21-08-2015, 04:37 PM

Getting really fed-up.

The list of properties matching our requirements is tiny. stevmk2

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top