Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Re: Vote of no cofidence for Jeremy Hunt???

Here's the real story of the Junior Doctors' dispute:

'The reality is that more qualified staff are being driven out in preparation for the de-skilling that is always part of healthcare privatisation and corporate takeover. For the UK, this is mapped out in the Five Year Forward View by Simon Stevens, the head of NHS England. Stevens used to be an executive of the US based private health care company, UnitedHealth.'

'In 1968 Arthur Seldon, later Margaret Thatcher’s privatisation policy adviser, produced a pamphlet for the Institute of Economic Affairs called After the NHS, explaining the aspiration to “improve the NHS” by abolishing it so as to build profit opportunities insurance industry.'
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:38 AM

Just because people cut and paste unattributed quotes doesn't make it true. especially when its spun by the left.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:30 PM

295,778 signatures - still time left to make it 300,000 .....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There is a move towards Jeremy facing a 'vote of no confidence - and YES, I've signed the petition.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6869556.html
Excellent decision UJ. This old trot has ensured that the Labour party is now a non-existent Opposition Party that had the chance to flourish once again if only it had not given a busted flush such as Ed Millipede the leadership after the treachery of Bliar and the lumbering Brown.

My poor dad is probably spinning in his grave at what has happened to his beloved Labour party. He had many a union meeting with Dennis Healey but he wouldn't recognise what has happened to it nowadays.

All parties seem to have blurred into one.

Apart from crazy Jeremy and his trot friends from the 60's/70's they are all in it for themselves, their bank accounts, their careers, their friends, The South only.

The people of this country are rudderless !!!

Hope the vote of no confidence works !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:12 PM

Ooops ! sorry UJ, thought this was a new thread about Jeremy Corbyn. My apologies.
Thought you had had a cleansing of the mind all of a sudden and saw the error of your ways.

Now I will go and splash some water on my face to wake me up and read the thread properly.....still mean what I say about JC and the party though!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Moreover, this is the problem. One would naturally have thought this was about supporting Junior Doctors wailing and weeping over their concern for the hospital patient getting a 7-day care instead of the present 5-day it is receiving at present. Yes that's right, crazy isn't it! if it was the other way round, I would be standing there alongside them. but I ask you ???

Why is it so hard for Labour party union members and supporters to admit that the junior doctors are just defending their cushy present 5 day a week lifestyle with every weekend off after their bloated, pay-driven, cushy lifestyle cut of 7 day-24 hour care to what was basically a part time job with evenings and weekends run by Locums. What was once a first class NHS service quickly turned into a 2nd class, take your chances and hope for the best service. courtesy and thanks to the unions, the oh so pleased Doctors and the shyster New Labour Party. What a bunch ey?

If one were talking about front line services that are on a great deal less money than our Junior Doctors and having to work weekends to boot, that would be a different matter altogether. Front line staff may well have had my backing. But not this pampered lot who are quite prepared to make patients suffer at weekends by denying them the medical facilities and care they deserve, all for the sake of their own selfish aims.

It seems to me that it is the unions and troublemakers who are instigating these strikes. It is also blatantly obvious that the Tory party could offer a basic £500 per week pay rise and fault would still be found with it, simply because it came from a Tory Party. It's like children throwing their toys out of the pram.

Let's wait and see after a few more pointless, bloody-minded one day strikes, just how the public really feel about the bleating of Junior Doctors regarding the patients welfare when they see yet again, how many operations have been cancelled, how many people are being made to continue suffering and yes, even how many lives could have been saved !!!!
Sympathy is fast evaporating..................
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 04:30 PM

This dispute is not about money and you can write as many diatribes as you like saying that it is. This is a deliberate strategy to discredit the doctors and make the NHS appear unworkable so that the profitable parts can be sold to the Tory faithful.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
This dispute is not about money and you can write as many diatribes as you like saying that it is. This is a deliberate strategy to discredit the doctors and make the NHS appear unworkable so that the profitable parts can be sold to the Tory faithful.
Indeed, that is Hunt's agenda .....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Moreover, this is the problem. One would naturally have thought this was about supporting Junior Doctors wailing and weeping over their concern for the hospital patient getting a 7-day care instead of the present 5-day it is receiving at present. Yes that's right, crazy isn't it! if it was the other way round, I would be standing there alongside them. but I ask you ???

Why is it so hard for Labour party union members and supporters to admit that the junior doctors are just defending their cushy present 5 day a week lifestyle with every weekend off after their bloated, pay-driven, cushy lifestyle cut of 7 day-24 hour care to what was basically a part time job with evenings and weekends run by Locums. What was once a first class NHS service quickly turned into a 2nd class, take your chances and hope for the best service. courtesy and thanks to the unions, the oh so pleased Doctors and the shyster New Labour Party. What a bunch ey?

If one were talking about front line services that are on a great deal less money than our Junior Doctors and having to work weekends to boot, that would be a different matter altogether. Front line staff may well have had my backing. But not this pampered lot who are quite prepared to make patients suffer at weekends by denying them the medical facilities and care they deserve, all for the sake of their own selfish aims.

It seems to me that it is the unions and troublemakers who are instigating these strikes. It is also blatantly obvious that the Tory party could offer a basic £500 per week pay rise and fault would still be found with it, simply because it came from a Tory Party. It's like children throwing their toys out of the pram.

Let's wait and see after a few more pointless, bloody-minded one day strikes, just how the public really feel about the bleating of Junior Doctors regarding the patients welfare when they see yet again, how many operations have been cancelled, how many people are being made to continue suffering and yes, even how many lives could have been saved !!!!
Sympathy is fast evaporating..................
I don't know what planet you are on, but junior doctors already work weekends, and certainly don't get either a five day week or every weekend off. All this faff about 7-day care is not really relevant to the dispute. It's just a government soundbite. The ancillary services are the ones who are less available over weekends, whereas there are always junior doctors on duty throughout the week, 24 hours a day including weekends. So why is the government targetting them specifically without addressing the real problems? Cutting costs comes to mind.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:29 PM

Asset stripping more like!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top