Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 12:19 AM

Re: Situation

Yes I think a significant percentage of us.."Us" meaning people who live in first world countries that have so little to really worry about compared to those elsewhere that are in real hardship/ danger, that they have to make something up; or at least exaggerate their "hardships" or "situation"..Not all of us I might add but many. Me included at times. One example I will never forget as long as I live was a conversation I over heard at a cafe in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Vaucluse to be precise. Anybody who knows anything about Sydney will know that this is one of the most expensive places in the country. Many of the properties here are over the eight figure mark and a few over nine. The conversation was one person complaining bitterly and seriously over their hardship about how their share portfoliio was suffering. The whinge was completed with "And!..I'm driving a car that is three years old!.." My heart bled for them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 12:26 AM

Strange attitudes from supposedly educated people Keezoy, some folks can not imagine Hardship.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 04:48 AM

Hi

I am where I am.

Not my choice, but a fact of life.

I have a Critical Inoperable Heart Condition.

We all die sometime, we are not immortal.

It is just annoying when it comes quicker than we thought.

I have had a hell of a life, done things many have not.

I was hopeing to do many more.

That is not going to happen now;

Hours, days and weeks is the most I can hope for.

I intend to be around for much longer than that.

Do not resucisitate?

Bollocks to that, I will come back and haunt you.

That will be my choice, my decision, it is my life.

I will press the button, no one else.

I have a completely fatal and painless way out.

A legacy of my old job.

Instantanious and fatal , no way back.

I will not be going into a Nursing Home.

The day I cannot wipe my own bum will be the day i die.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 05:04 AM

Big hugs Swimmy....that really is a situation.

For me right now I have an i can't sleep situation but after reading your post Swims I realise mine is not much of a situation after all.......as Ron Moody sang in Oliver.... I'm reviewing the situation
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 11:00 AM

It's not just people Spitty.....The BBC like to create situations with their biased and fear mongering news programmes...It's not like we can do anything about most of it....

Whatever happened to proper news bulletins, where the newsreader just told it like it is instead of giving it a subtle twist for effect.... HOW MANY?......
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 11:12 AM

Yes,

And there are plenty of "Situations vacant", in the paper!

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you know someone who creates a situation, when there is no situation?
Yes, loads of people. It is possible for anyone to create a situation. Smashing a plate spilling liquid, pranging the car and lots of other actions all create a situation. Not all are intentional but still created by the person.

There is the other sort of situation where someone makes a mountain out of a molehill but then the situation is in the eye of the beholder. A situation considered important by one person might be seen as a non-event by another.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 04:55 PM

Yes, I had a Malaysian boss that was ace at making mountains out of worm casts.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 09:30 PM

Yes, it was the Boks coach - Rassie ‘kill em dead’ Erasmus - he created a situation for South Africa to win the Rugby World Cup!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top