Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 03:39 PM

Re: What annoys you the most?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Good morning indeed!

Wood pigeons are nice enough but feral "town" pigeons aka Rock Doves are a bit orrid. Their nests are awful and glued together with their droppings.
Eewu! Nests glued together with droppings
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I know Todger, we had a couple take up residence in the trees across the street, and now there are loads of them shitting on my car....
Your poor car
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 03:47 PM

What's wrong with a narcissism pauline? At least they keep it to themselves, and there are a lot worse things a person could be....

Derived from Greek Mythology when 'Narcissus' fell in love with his own reflection in a pool.... ....

How does a narcissist keep it to themselves?

I didn’t say anything was wrong with them.i also didn’t say that narcissism was the worst thing......i replied that they really annoy me.

I am entitled to an opinion ya know....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:00 PM

Good morning indeed!

Wood pigeons are nice enough but feral "town" pigeons aka Rock Doves are a bit orrid. Their nests are awful and glued together with their droppings.

I have wood pigeons that sit on my tv Ariel that is on top of the outside roof,...

In the summer they sit up there for ages.when they poo it drops down onto my decking,what ever is in their poo it has destroyed the look of my decking...plus if you leave their poo there for a few days....you have a terrible job trying to get it off.

I’m thinking about buying a shot gun!

Joking....seriously they really do make a mess,I may purchase one of those water spray guns,not sure if it would squirt that high up.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:27 PM

Woodies can be fun to watch around this time of the year - they get waisted! Windfalls get rotten and hence quite alcoholic. Things like wood pigeons love 'em, gorge on them, and if they've had a few either keel over or fly corkscrew fashion to find somewhere to sober up!

Squirrels also get smashed and I've even seen them just fall off the trees in our bit of an orchard.

We pick up any we see up and put them on the bird table, or if it's not too cold open the summerhouse door and plonk them on the table in there to sober up. It protects them from predators (which Snot SHOULD be but now he's too fat and lazy.)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-11-2020, 05:33 PM

Not sure who the pigeons have as predictors,Fox’s?...obviously other birds ,I often see dead ones in the field next to my house on my walks with their necks ripped out..I wonder what bird did that to them or maybe a Fox even...plenty of those around here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Not sure who the pigeons have as predictors,Fox’s?...obviously other birds ,I often see dead ones in the field next to my house on my walks with their necks ripped out..I wonder what bird did that to them or maybe a Fox even...plenty of those around here.
Predators? Feral and outdoor cats, foxes, badgers, dogs. Domestic cats allowed to run free cause horrendous damage to wildlife.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Birds of prey mainly Pauline. We once watched a kestrel kill one and pluck it on the green next to our house. It then carried it off probably to feed its young or to eat in peace.

We have several collared doves and assorted pigeons nesting close by, and you can hear them hooting all day, and then suddenly they fall silent, and you can't see a single one.....

A quick glance up in the sky reveals the reason, as three or four birds of prey are circling high in the sky searching for their next meal, possibly pigeon. A couple of large carrion crows sometimes visit, but they usually only take the young out of the nests.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Woodies can be fun to watch around this time of the year - they get waisted! Windfalls get rotten and hence quite alcoholic. Things like wood pigeons love 'em, gorge on them, and if they've had a few either keel over or fly corkscrew fashion to find somewhere to sober up!

Squirrels also get smashed and I've even seen them just fall off the trees in our bit of an orchard.

We pick up any we see up and put them on the bird table, or if it's not too cold open the summerhouse door and plonk them on the table in there to sober up. It protects them from predators (which Snot SHOULD be but now he's too fat and lazy.)
Didn’t know the British love of alcohol extended to the birds
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 07:52 PM

Birds of prey mainly Pauline. We once watched a kestrel kill one and pluck it on the green next to our house. It then carried it off probably to feed its young or to eat in peace.

We have several collared doves and assorted pigeons nesting close by, and you can hear them hooting all day, and then suddenly they fall silent, and you can't see a single one.....

A quick glance up in the sky reveals the reason, as three or four birds of prey are circling high in the sky searching for their next meal, possibly pigeon. A couple of large carrion crows sometimes visit, but they usually only take the young out of the nests.
Wow and here I was thinking that Africa’s got the best nature that the earth has to offer!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top