Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 06:56 AM

Good morning Monday

Good morning all, mild here and overcast but a mainly dry forecast methinks...

Just the normal Monday chores and a walk first thing, then maybe I'll tidy up the workshop this afternoon..... if nothing more interesting turns up...

Have a good day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 10:01 AM

Re: Good morning Monday

Good morning everyone another dark day with rain forecast later. At least the fog has lifted.

More cleaning to do and I might make some bread.

Enjoy your day
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 10:49 AM

Good morning all. Have a good day, take it easy and please stay safe and well. God bless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 10:51 AM

Good morning Barry and Meg.
It's a bit dismal and grey here again, and chilly too.

Not much planned. Dogs been out and fed, the usual tidying up, then a trip to the post office to send a couple of small parcels off, so nothing exciting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 10:59 AM

Good morning all a damp and dreary day here.

Didn’t have a good night and feel like crawling back to bed.

Enjoy your day everyone.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Good morning everybody.

I was up quite early and have just spent the last hour online ordering Christmas presents from ebay, Amazon, Boots & Pandora... The postman is going to be busy..

No plans for today - more cleaning probably. I was going to buy a carpet shampooer but now I think I'll hire one.

Have a good day all.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=carol;1998022
No plans for today - more cleaning probably. I was going to buy a carpet shampooer but now I think I'll hire one.

We have hired a carpet cleaner a couple of times in the past, ie just the machine and done it ourselves

Then one time we hired a carpet cleaning service, and that was better and easier -
they do the work, and have a bigger & better machine which gives a better finish
Obviously you have to clear a bit of furniture and other stuff out of the room, though they can work round & move some of the bigger items
It wasn't too expensive as I remember
I wouldn't go back to DIY carpet cleaning

They can also do soft furniture & curtains in situ
I would at least price them up and think about it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:56 AM

Good morning from Foxy's diminishing world....

Still happy and optimistic since being restricted from doing some of the things I enjoy. A meal out, a visit to a garden centre, going to the cinema or just a stroll down the seafront at some deserted resort....I also miss engaging with our friends and neighbours who huddle behind their door when I visit to deliver an update from the local council. (They don't do computers) We have a nag on the doorstep, but they think I'm radioactive and must be kept at arms length...

No running today (a rest day) so my last run in November was my Sunday morning eight yesterday. Thick fog and pitch dark, but I needed to get off and get it done, so I thrust myself out of the door. I was surprised how still and mild it was, and not at all how I had imagined it to be as I lay comfortable in a warm bed less than an hour ago. Now it was just the sound of my shoes gently padding out a rhythm in my 20 foot circle of vision.

On returning home and filling out my running log I did a quick tally, and find that I have completed 981 miles so far this year with December left to make it another thousand mile year......

The sky is heavy with rain, and I've had to write this with the light on because it's so dark, but it's time for a swift three mile walk down the lane before lunch. So it's on with the shorts (I hate walking in trousers) and I'll break out the waterproof and gloves just in case I get caught out.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top