Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 10:49 AM

Lewis Hamilton to miss Sakhir GP

World champion Lewis Hamilton will miss this weekend's Formula 1 Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain after testing positive for coronavirus.

"His team, Mercedes, said the Briton woke with mild symptoms on Monday and returned a positive result at a subsequent test and again at a retest.

Hamilton, who is now self-isolating, won the Bahrain Grand Prix at the same circuit on Sunday.

Mercedes say a replacement will be named in due course."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55142428
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:36 AM

Re: Lewis Hamilton to miss Sakhir GP

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
World champion Lewis Hamilton will miss this weekend's Formula 1 Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain after testing positive for coronavirus.

"His team, Mercedes, said the Briton woke with mild symptoms on Monday and returned a positive result at a subsequent test and again at a retest.

Hamilton, who is now self-isolating, won the Bahrain Grand Prix at the same circuit on Sunday.

Mercedes say a replacement will be named in due course."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55142428
I'm gutted Baz....
How come he caught it though? He's been walking around with a mask on most of the time, and the only time he hasn't, was while he was sitting in his motor. Unless it's the company he keeps...
It would be interesting to see how it develops though in such a fit bloke...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm gutted Baz....
How come he caught it though? He's been walking around with a mask on most of the time, and the only time he hasn't, was while he was sitting in his motor. Unless it's the company he keeps...
It would be interesting to see how it develops though in such a fit bloke...
I wonder how much this will affect his future career bearing in mind the records he holds? Missing this race must be similar to losing for some reason or other.

Regarding how anywhere he caught the virus, the news item states "However, as well as waking with mild symptoms on Monday, he was also informed that a contact "prior to arrival in Bahrain" had tested positive."

Lewis Hamilton's symptoms were described as mild. Let's hope he fully recovers during the self-isolation he is currently undertaking.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:58 AM

I would expect that lass he has as a personal trainer to be positive too and not forgetting a good half of the pit wall team :yes:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I would expect that lass he has as a personal trainer to be positive too and not forgetting a good half of the pit wall team :yes:
And any other drivers he has associated with also LD...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-12-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I wonder how much this will affect his future career bearing in mind the records he holds? Missing this race must be similar to losing for some reason or other.

Regarding how anywhere he caught the virus, the news item states "However, as well as waking with mild symptoms on Monday, he was also informed that a contact "prior to arrival in Bahrain" had tested positive."

Lewis Hamilton's symptoms were described as mild. Let's hope he fully recovers during the self-isolation he is currently undertaking.
I don't think it will cause him too much trouble Baz, the 2020 drivers world championship is already in the bag. Coulthard and Webber were just saying after Lewis won Sunday's race, that most drivers in the past having already secured the world title would probably take their foot off the gas and just go through the motions for the remaining races. But the competitive nature of Lewis will assure that he gives it 100% in every race....

I went off the bloke when he brought politics and this knee bending stuff to formula one, but I wish him no harm and agree with you and hope he makes a speedy recovery.....Well he is the fastest racing driver in the world....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think it will cause him too much trouble Baz, the 2020 drivers world championship is already in the bag. Coulthard and Webber were just saying after Lewis won Sunday's race, that most drivers in the past having already secured the world title would probably take their foot off the gas and just go through the motions for the remaining races. But the competitive nature of Lewis will assure that he gives it 100% in every race....

I went off the bloke when he brought politics and this knee bending stuff to formula one, but I wish him no harm and agree with you and hope he makes a speedy recovery.....Well he is the fastest racing driver in the world....
I would phrase it differently OGF ?
He drives the fastest F1 car in the wrorld in my book ?
Maybe we will find out if they put the right bloke in the car this
week end ??
BTW,do you think they are putting nitro-glycerine in the fuel ??

Donkeyman! !😇😇
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I would phrase it differently OGF ?
He drives the fastest F1 car in the wrorld in my book ?
Maybe we will find out if they put the right bloke in the car this
week end ??
BTW,do you think they are putting nitro-glycerine in the fuel ??

Donkeyman! !😇😇
Well bottas is also in the fastest car, whoever replaces lewis, probably stoffel vandoorne who is the reserve driver, but he won’t be used to it, he can’t test it and can only use the simulator
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-12-2020, 11:55 AM

It seems George Russell will be standing in for Lewis on Sunday...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-for-sakhir-gp

George Russell replaces Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP

Williams' George Russell to race next to Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes after Lewis Hamilton contracted Covid-19; Jack Aitken to make his F1 debut at Williams; Russell has been highly-rated since F1 debut last year and is on Mercedes' books
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well bottas is also in the fastest car, whoever replaces lewis, probably stoffel vandoorne who is the reserve driver, but he won’t be used to it, he can’t test it and can only use the simulator
I dont dispute that Lewis is a very fast driver Primus, but it would
be interesting to see someone like Verstappen or Ricciardo have
couple of drives after a brief acclimatisaton period? And for Lewis
to do the same in their cars ??

Donkyman! 🤔🤔

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top