Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: Once Again the EU Fail to Deliver

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And still their debt is not as large as the UK (supposing you cared to look at the infographic). Who bails the UK out? Or are you just going on loaning more money, getting deeper in debt?
Your maths is getting worse.

That is as a percentage of overall debt - seems your sovereignty of the Eurozone has gone out the window now you treat them as individual countries (saying that we are on a par with Germany - are they as bad as you say we are ?). I did ask about debt in the Eurozone - my basis of the argument was by currency. Unless you think the Euro is different for each country in the Eurozone....

The problem you have is that you can't do anything about your debt, you can't change your interest rates without throwing another member state under the bus, or devalue your currency for the same reasons, or change your external tariffs for the same reasons.

The UK can change all of these to suit its own interests- we can do what we like, including lengthening the period of paying back the loans - its our governments bonds, our sovereign bank and our tax policy.

You don't have any of this - well you do, but you can't control any of it. All you can do is add austerity as we saw with Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Greece.

What opportunities does the Eurozone have in the future apart from deflation, perpetual QE and bank bailouts ?

Nothing

The UK in the meantime is moving forward with setting up its own trading terms with the rest of the world, while we still see direct foreign investment from all over the world. Our unemployment figures will bounce back quickly enough because our government acted quickly with recovery funding, furloughing and setting up its annual budgets.

The EU is still sitting on its ass trying to get everyone to agree how much debt everyone gets, while Germany gets a 47% grant of your 750 billion bailout fund.

It's no wonder you are pushing back at the ECB over this, we would too. So much for your sovereignty, although Italy will be more than glad of your donations, as will Spain, Portugal, Greece, Poland, Romania etc etc

In the Eurozone everyones debt is sovereign ... but not their centralised bank - it does what it wants.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your maths is getting worse.

In the Eurozone everyones debt is sovereign ... but not their centralised bank - it does what it wants.
Dude, you can't stop repeating the countries in the EU are not sovereign. Then how can their debt be sovereign?
For fuchsia's sake, make up your mind. Be consistent for once! Once!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 05:33 PM

Dude, you can't stop repeating the countries in the EU are not sovereign. Then how can their debt be sovereign?
For fuchsia's sake, make up your mind. Be consistent for once! Once!

You need to read what I write.

Countries are not sovereign, your central bank is not sovereign but your debt is

Why is that so difficult for you to understand ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:18 PM

You need to read what I write.

Countries are not sovereign, your central bank is not sovereign but your debt is

Why is that so difficult for you to understand ?
Dude, nobody does, because it is complete nonsense!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-06-2020, 06:34 PM

Dude, nobody does, because it is complete nonsense!

Really ?

Why don't you do a poll and ask then ?

Or prove me wrong
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-06-2020, 07:19 PM

Really ?

Why don't you do a poll and ask then ?

Or prove me wrong
Do you really think I'm gonna fall for that? If I prove you wrong you follow the three stages to discredit the proof https://quotulatiousness.ca/blog/201...expert-report/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Do you really think I'm gonna fall for that? If I prove you wrong you follow the three stages to discredit the proof https://quotulatiousness.ca/blog/201...expert-report/

Its because you already know the answer and your frightened of it.

Funny how you have to use Google to learn how to have a debate. Here's some advise, know what your talking about and don't lie.

You might get somewhere
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Its because you already know the answer and your frightened of it.

Funny how you have to use Google to learn how to have a debate. Here's some advise, know what your talking about and don't lie.

You might get somewhere
Have you actually read what you wrote?

Countries are not sovereign (indeed, the UK isn't, but others are), your bank is not sovereign (ever heard of a sovereign bank? Thought not) but your debt is.

And the definition of sovereign is
the quality or state of being*sovereign, or of having supreme power or authority. the status, dominion, power, or authority of a*sovereign;royal rank or position; royalty. supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.

In conclusion, I have proven you wrong. Now have the guts to admit it
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-06-2020, 07:49 PM

Have you actually read what you wrote?

Countries are not sovereign (indeed, the UK isn't, but others are), your bank is not sovereign (ever heard of a sovereign bank? Thought not) but your debt is.

And the definition of sovereign is
the quality or state of being*sovereign, or of having supreme power or authority. the status, dominion, power, or authority of a*sovereign;royal rank or position; royalty. supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.

In conclusion, I have proven you wrong. Now have the guts to admit it

You obviously don't understand sovereignty.

Why am I not surprised..

For example, go and adjust your import tarrifs just for the netherlands like any other sovereign country can do, or adjust your currency value just for the netherlands etc.

See ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-06-2020, 07:58 PM

You obviously don't understand sovereignty.

Why am I not surprised..
Oh, now I understand. You have a bread-only definition! Sorry pal, doesn't count. Now come on, admit your defeat!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top